MarioWiki:Featured articles/N1/Super Mario Bros.
From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
- Byllant (talk) - I bring back this rejected old nomination again, now the Development section is there. For the rest of the article, everything is well-written (there could be a small typo anywhere, though), a lot of images, article size is good, still needs more references, but eventually we'll find them.
- The Mario's Master (talk)
- dimentio256 (talk)
- Flipnote Hatena Fan (talk)
- StormyTheGreat (talk)
- FusionLuigi10 (talk)
- Mario Fan 123 (talk)
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) If it still needs references, it doesn't get featured until we do. The game logo is clearly not artwork either. It's a sprite. Plus, the trivia section is quite long.
- Commander Code-8 (talk)The story section looks as though it was written by a child. So No
- Reversinator (talk) The Developement section has been plagiarized from Nintendopedia.
- Fawfulfury65 (talk) Per Reversinator.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) The only solution to stop plagiarism is to quote and cite the work or rewrite in your own words. The trivia is long and the sprite in the gallery looks out of place.
- KS3 (talk) per all.
Removal of Opposes
In your summary: "The long-awaited Developement section is here, partially edited from the Nintendopedia"
- I said partially, obviously I didn't just copy and paste, that would been inapropiate. Byllant (talk)
- (I must recuse myself from supporting/opposing again, having edited both the talkpage and the article.)
- BLOF: Someone drew the boxart; someone drew Mario, in all his fiery glory; someone drew the font on the box; someone drew the "Action Series" logo; someone drew the Nintendo logo. It's art. Sprites are a type of art. That is a nonissue.
- Copying and pasting, then changing a few words is still plagarism. Someone else wrote it in the first place, and even if you replace (as an example) "kill" with "stomp" it's still someone else's work. You haven't changed the underlying meaning, the sentence structure -- nothing. The only way to add new material is to write it yourself. Toadfan (talk)
- That very last image on the gallery. That's a sprite. It looks misplaced along other artwork. BabyLuigiOnFire (talk)