MarioWiki:Featured articles/N1/Dr. Mario
- Mario (talk) Worked on it for a while, I think it covers all appearances it needs and all sections are adequate. The writing isn't bad I think, and the Super Smash Bros. section has a good amount of information and details. The remakes and compilations section might contain a lot of games, but I don't want to repeat information several times across the article (Dr. Mario shares the same role, but with updated graphics), so I think the section has a role there. Anyway, if there is anything important, let me know, and depending on the importance and size of the issue, try telling me in the comments section before opposing. Thanks.
- BabyLuigi64 (talk)
- Ashley and Red (talk)
- Peteyking64 (talk)
- Baby Luigi (talk)
Removal of Opposes
I'm... rather hesitant to mark this off as featured. The writing isn't really bad, but it tends to be really wordy and/or lengthy. Because of that, it's cumbersome. For example, "Dr. Mario Online Rx is a WiiWare game that is made available for download on the Wii Shop Channel," says the section that doesn't even give a single sentence to describe what Dr. Mario does in that game. The first Dr. Mario game also goes into detail on its gameplay, but it kind of overlooks the actual character and doesn't say what his role in the game is other than the fact that he's there. The intro, for some reason, also goes into a lot of detail on Nurse Toadstool, a character that is related, but not to the point of needing to be covered. Speaking of the intro, it doesn't mention what Dr. Mario ever does. It describes his appearance and the games he's appeared in (though I'm not sure that's really necessary), but what about the role he actually plays? Also, you're probably tired of me at this point, but how about a standard general information section? I'm not exactly expecting much in the way of personality (props to you if you can make something that doesn't reek of fan), but there's definitely room for both a physical appearance section and an abilities section. All right, I'm done now. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
- I might have to do a few rewriting here and there to accommodate what he does, as I do agree that the article sometimes talks about the game more than the character. Nevertheless, Dr. Mario doesn't really do much in the games. I believe he just stands there and throws some pills into the bottle. After all, it's just a puzzle game; what's really happening is stuff dropping down and I guess Dr. Mario is just watching, cheering, or doing doctor things. He doesn't even talk in the aforementioned WiiWare game. Explaining what is happening in the games, I think, makes better use of the article. Dr. Mario 64 and the manga/Club Nintendo thing are the closest things where Dr. Mario does several things, and they're covered adequately.
- General information section, I was tempted to add, but I thought it was unnecessary as it is simply Mario dressed up as Dr. Mario. Stuff like describing his physical appearance, especially to the point where it has a stupid amount of detail as Princess Daisy has, fluffs the article. The beginning paragraph is short and sweet enough for a description. The abilities section is probably going to be derived mostly from Super Smash Bros. games; the only thing that stands out to me is that he throws pills. Again: ultimately unnecessary.
- I think you're nitpicking at a few points, but I've attempted to address some of your complaints, so check out now. Mind you, all your problems, I view them as quite minor. The intro has less information on Nurse Toadstool, more information on what Dr. Mario does, and a slight rewrite on Dr. Mario Online RX and the other sections, mainly erasing the information on the game itself. We don't need details on how many points the game is, when the game is released, or where it's released on the character's article. It's me, Mario! (Talk / Stalk) 17:36, 12 October 2014 (EDT)
- Featured articles are supposed to be the best that the wiki has to offer. In the grand scheme of things, any nitpick is welcomed. I'm also rather busy at the moment, so I'll just address that point and be away. Hello, I'm Time Turner.