- ThePowerPlayer (talk) This article has seen substantial improvement over the last several months (compare the article from about three months ago with the main article and the History of Wario article at the time of this writing), and I now thoroughly believe that it meets the standards of a featured article. First of all, the History section of the article now comprehensively covers every single known appearance of Wario in all media, including games, comics, publications, online websites, and an "Other appearances" section, all of which are now properly sorted in chronological order (the only exception to this is extremely obscure Super Mario manga, where it is entirely unclear if Wario ever appeared due to a lack of online documentation of said manga). The vast majority of these sections are visually complemented by high-quality images. Any and all grammatical errors in the article have been fixed, and in addition to any false information being corrected, numerous pieces of information have been added and supported by verifiable sources. Most importantly, each game in the History section where Wario is playable now includes a summary of his abilities during gameplay, whereas those sections previously focused entirely on Wario's role from the perspective of the game's storyline. The main article's "Creation" and "General information" sections are written in extreme detail, while still reading in a straightforward way that allows such information to be easily understood. Furthermore, the links to the article's history section and list of profiles and statistics are now each followed by a detailed paragraph which provides a concise summary of each topic. Finally, the article's gallery page is as comprehensive as its History section, with a significant variety of artwork, sprites, screenshots, and scans, all supported by descriptive captions, as well as a variety of different types of merchandise depicting Wario.
- PnnyCrygr (talk) per power, as their reasonings make sense to the fa criteryia
- FanOfYoshi (talk) Excellent!/Have a Rotten Day!
- Have A Rotten Day! (talk) 22:34, July 8, 2023 (EDT) Solid article. Far more condensed and concise.
- Shoey (talk) Per all
- Killer Moth (talk) Looked through the article. It is well made and fits the criteria. Per all.
Removal of opposes
- Wouldn't the subpages be part of the main article anyway if not for size limitations, per MarioWiki:Article size? The History section was on the main article for a long time, so at the very least, I would consider that subpage to be representative of the article's quality alongside the rest of the content on the main article. ThePowerPlayer 16:57, June 23, 2023 (EDT)
Im gonna look over the personality section but it seems rather large. But who knows, maybe every single sentence needs to be there. I know Mario's personality section was similarly large but I cut it down a lot and simplified it since these are straightforward characters. It's me, Mario! (Talk / Stalk) 16:26, June 24, 2023 (EDT)
The clothing section goes into way too much detail for his clothes. In the future, Wario may receive more alternate clothes, and the wiki probably shouldn't be going into the particular color of a handkerchief or something like that. Also, I rewrote some tidbits of personality section. For instance, the relationships section details how Mario is Wario's greatest nemesis, but then says in another paragraph, "Captain Syrup surpasses Mario", which is debatable if true, but I think it's generally false due to how little games Syrup appears in relatively to Mario. Captain Syrup's relation to Wario isn't even discussed that much gleaning from this section; all I know is that "she matches Wario in terms of wit and greed", but how? Did she trick him? That information is tucked in the history section. The relationship section itself should probably divide more clearly between friends, enemies/rivals, employees, etc. The stuff about King Boo and King Bob-Omb might not be worthwhile enough to be in the section, but eh. Also are Wario and Donkey Kong really friends? It's me, Mario! (Talk / Stalk) 18:12, June 26, 2023 (EDT)