OMG It has wings, one of IGN's pictures showed so. It's a Spider Fly. *GASP* --Kelt 23:59, 23 September 2006 (EDT)
Where?You're right! *gasp!* Para Yoshi Wahoo! 09:43, 26 October 2006 (EDT)
- You can see them in both pictures!
â€¦and faintly here!
- XD I know, it makes no sense at all. And trust me, I've played the demo; the wings have no purpose at all. I didn't even notice them. Well, I made a paragraph on it. --King Piranha Plant 17:33, 26 October 2006 (EDT)
- I've watched videos of the demos and I don't think the wings have any purpose either. However, I don't want to go out there, spoiling other peoples paragraphs, but in all screenshots I've seen, it's had those unnecasary wings. The pic I uploaded, just seemed the least faint. Para Yoshi Wahoo! 18:22, 26 October 2006 (EDT)
- Well by all means, I don't mind if you fix it. XD Anyway, I fixed it. --King Piranha Plant 22:33, 26 October 2006 (EDT)
- Maybe the wings will come to use later. Maybe he's the boss of two worlds like Gooper Blooper and Mouser. Maybe the wings will make since later. It didn't make since why Petey Piranha had wings until the second time you see him in SMS and he flies. Para Yoshi Wahoo! 11:27, 28 October 2006 (EDT)
- Maybe later in the game, he metamorphisizes and grows them bigger? By the way, WHAT DOES XD MEAN?!? I've been wondering that for weeks. 3dejong
- XD is a smilie/emoticon. It is a laughing face with its eyes closed, "LOL"ing. The X is the eyes, the D is the mouth. --King Piranha Plant 12:31, 28 October 2006 (EDT)
- Thanks! LOL-XD 3dejong
- Yeah, people would be like "XDXDXDLOL!" And I would be there going "Yeah, XD to you, too." And then they would say ">:(". Para Yoshi Wahoo! 15:48, 28 October 2006 (EDT)
According to the guide, his official name is Tarantox. I suggest moving him to that. Bob Greenlake 18:05, 1 November 2007 (EDT)
Could this be a Giant Space Scuttle Bug? It has the right legs for it. Scuttle Bugs would need two extra legs and one eye to say that this spider was officially a Scuttle Bug. Para Yoshi Wahoo! 09:09, 17 November 2006 (EST)
- Wow! Very observant! It looks quite a bit like one, now that you point it out. 3dejong
Why does it Look Different?
- One is a screenshot of a low-quality video of Super Mario Galaxy at E3. The other is a high-quality screenshot of a newer Super Mario Galaxy. The new pic I uploaded looks a lot like the other. Para Yoshi Wahoo! 09:27, 1 December 2006 (EST)
I don't know, it just seems like the picture should just be up top, in the infobox. Anyone violently disagree??--MetalYoshi 01:55, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
Seems like its species was decided just based on that it has suction cup legs and resembles a spider. Pider and Arantula also fit that criteria, so I think the species section should be removed. 126.96.36.199 21:24, 12 August 2016 (EDT)