Talk:Sea Side King
Curious to know if this article is really necessary? Looks like its well written and everything, but the "Mushroom Kings" article really sums up about everything you need to know about all the Kings, this article doesn't give any new information. The fact that this King resembles the Mario Bros. can probably just be a trivia tidbit in the Mushroom Kings article.--Goomboy 03:38, 10 May 2012 (EDT)
- I see what you are saying. See here. The Sea Side King is the only king that has a separate article. If you wish to take this further, I suggest that you make a Talk Page Proposal, proposing to merge this article with Mushroom Kings.
Is that another "jealousy" or something? 'Cause there's nothing to be bothering you guys by the fact that the Sea Side King has his own seperate article. Is there something stopping you to create the seperate articles for the rest of the Mushroom Kings? Even I can do it for you to make you satisfied.--Prince Ludwig 13:18, 10 May 2012 (EDT)
- Well they don't do much and none of them have official names and the only real difference is the region they rule so I can see why they should be merged however they are different characters so I can see why they should be different articles. Perhaps a TPP proposal is in order? Raven Effect (talk)
Saying that Mushroom Kings don't do much sounded redundant. One of the articles also don't have official names and they are allowed to be kept just the way they are and doesn't matter when they will have official names. Why should I always have to be in that kind of situation everytime...?--Prince Ludwig 22:14, 10 May 2012 (EDT)
Hey Prince Ludwig, I didn't intend any offense, and I think its a well written article. But the Kings aren't really very developed characters, and I hope you can believe me when I say that I am simply coming from the position that they can probably exist in one article, but that is just my opinion. If each character does get his own article though, I would personally say that they can be very brief, and that we don't need a back story of what Mario and Luigi do to save them, since its basically the same story for every King in the game.
Just my 2 coins, I haven't been on this wiki a long time so I'm willing to admit my understanding of what the standards are for the need for an article, and how it should be written, might not be up to par. I was curious to hear what others thought, though.-Goomboy 00:38, 11 May 2012 (EDT)
- The Mushroom Kings backstory probably aren't necessary to be there, but aren't infos that should be erased neither just because they weren't...necessary. Maybe you didn't actually intend any offenses, however, an act without knowing that was offensive can be offensive (but I hope that you might have figured that this would happen, like it always happen to me). Somehow, I feel like this page will be redirected because what they think might be exacly what we both think they think; about the Sea Side King having his own seperate page while others currently doesn't . And, there are something that aren't to do just because of people's curiosity. Sorry about that.
- One of the secondary reasons why I wanted the Sea Side King to have his own seperate article was because he is an interesting character, not only because of his remarkable resemblance to Mario and Luigi. There are things that I hope for the Mushroom Kings who made their appearance in Super Mario Bros. 3; to be more developed characters in the future Mario games.--Prince Ludwig 01:02, 11 May 2012 (EDT)
- You have a right to be offended or feel however you wish, but I don't feel what I did should be percieved offensively. Discussion and questions should be encouraged on a wiki. I was not going after you, I don't know you or follow any user's names on wikis, please know I only had the wiki's interests at heart. If something is changed, hopefully its the consensus of the community, not just because of my question or personal opinions. Even if it was my article, I'd be interested in what others thought, not take it personally when someone else disagrees. Just please understand I'm not an evil guy ;)--Goomboy 14:49, 12 June 2012 (EDT)
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
The other kings don't have seperate articles.
Why does this one have a seperate article?
- Baby Luigi (talk) I'll offer my support for reasons other than the obvious inconsistencies-this guy doesn't even have an official name and there's no distinctive features of him that sets him apart from the other kings, other than transforming to a different creature, ruling a different world, and resembling Mario. The history section is also padded out, making it appear that the Sea Side King is actually a viable article. If the other kings don't deserve articles of their own (they honestly don't, they would say the exact things as this one except ruling a different land and turning into a different creature, I don't see why this guy needs it.
- Icemario11 (talk) Per Baby Luigi.
- Tails777 (talk) If the other kings don't get articles, this guy shouldn't either. Per Baby Luigi.
- Yoshi876 (talk) Per all.
- SuperFlameGuy (talk) Par Prepuzel n' all who seppart.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Comme tout ceux qui ont donné leurs raisons.
- Gonzales Kart Inc. (talk) PeR aLl
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) I completely agree with everyone here. Well except LGM. I dunno what she said. Per all.
- A Paragoomba and the Koopa Bros. (talk) Per all. This article is useless, who even though of this and made it?
- Iamthedude (talk) I think the best reasons are already covered; Honestly, I only voted on this because I saw it was going to end on my birthday.
@SuperYoshiBros: Tu ne comprends pas mon français. Voici mon texte en anglais: "Per all who gave his reasons." Même quelque chose comme Google Translate ou un truc comme Babel peux t'aider. KaBoom! 21:50, 6 November 2013 (EST)
- You silly French animal thingy (T|C) 14:55, 7 November 2013 (EST)
- "Per all who gave his reasons." yeah yeah I are happy with your grammar. I bet that's Google Translator error :P And I wonder why every one saying weird things while voting (i.e. "par purposl")--07:43, 9 November 2013 (EST)
- Me too. Screw proper indentation!