Re-merge with Ridley
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Re-merge with Ridley 8-0
Once upon a time, this page was part of the Ridley article - until a big, contentious proposal seven years ago split them apart. Now, things have happened with our coverage of Super Smash Bros. to limit its scope - see Make an exception for the Super Smash Bros. series in our coverage policy and Smash Bros. Articles: What Stays and What Goes? for details - and it's time to reverse that.
In a couple of respects, it's similar to my recent TPP to merge Ancient Minister with R.O.B.:
- Ridley/Meta Ridley isn't a Mario series character (he doesn't use the Super Mushroom emblem, nor W/DK/Egg for the other "full coverage" series), so we have no need to document all his forms, moves, etc on their own pages, since the proposal was largely about avoiding doing so for every character who happened to appear in a Smash game, which is why the original proposer's reasoning that "it's really no different than Dino Piranha and Fiery Dino Piranha, or Gobblegut and Fire Gobblegut." It is, because we've decided that only the Mario, Wario, Yoshi and DK characters in SSB games deserve that level of coverage any more.
- Nor is it an entirely unique character, like Tabuu. It's the same character as Ridley, in the same story in Brawl and as a skin of him in SSBU, and at the moment you have to jump from one page to the other to follow his part in Subspace Emissary.
- If it is decided the character is "too different" from Ridley to merge, this page doesn't stay (per that proposal), it gets merged into a list of bosses page. That didn't make sense to me even before the SSBU move.
- Ancient Minister got merged, and that's a similar enough case to serve as precedent, IMO.
And no, there's no "status quo" option. To reiterate, per the change of scope from the major Smash Bros. proposal, this page is already going away regardless - the proposal originally listed Meta Ridley in the pages to be merged into a to-be-created list of Subspace Emissary bosses page, and after I said it would be better merged with Ridley it was removed from list on the basis that a future TPP could decide which. The fact that Ridley was later announced as playable in SSBU, and Meta Ridley is a skin therein just makes it even simpler, IMO.
Merge with Ridley
- Reboot (talk) I support this message
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) To me, this seems comparable to Super Sonic or Ganon, and they're being merged anyways.
- Waluigi Time (talk) Per proposal.
- SeanWheeler (talk) The guys who opposed the split had good points and now that we're limiting our scope of Smash Bros, Meta Ridley shouldn't have his own article. And I would prefer if he's in the Ridley article instead of the list.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) Now with the proposals limiting Super Smash Bros. coverage, it makes sense to merge Meta Ridley back with Ridley.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per proposal.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Clearly the better option of the two; per proposal.
- Kolafloro (talk) Per all.
Merge to list of Subspace Emissary bosses
Just to let you know, I added a "keep split" option. Not that your proposal has anything seriously wrong with it, just that it needed at least one "oppose" option in case anyone fully objects to this merge in particular (which I don't).
Another thing: there should probably be an option to merge with both Ridley and the Subspace Emissary bosses: a conglomeration of the two "merge" options. If you decide to add in that option I'd support that instead. (T|C) 18:51, 2 July 2018 (EDT)
- @Toadette There's no "keep split" option for a reason. This page's existence is now against policy. If there was no proposal, it would automatically be merged to a list of bosses article. Also, you shouldn't edit other people's proposals.
- And I'm sure there will be a "Main article" link in list of bosses if "Merge with Ridley" passes. But it'll be a short blurb, not the (effective) full contents of this page. - Reboot (talk) 18:53, 2 July 2018 (EDT)