This article should also be merged with Jugem's Cloud as it is the same thing, and even admits that it is. But it should be merged to Jugem's Cloud because that is its official name.--Spike 14:25, 3 September 2006 (EDT)
- Lakitu's Cloud is the current official name, as indicated by the GBA remake of Super Mario Bros. 3. -- Son of Suns
But then where did the name Jugem's Cloud appear?--Spike 21:19, 3 September 2006 (EDT)
- Earlier versions of Super Mario Bros 3. The name has been changed in recent versions. Jugem is Lakitu's Japanese name. -- Son of Suns
Also in the Mario Kart Double Dash!! Prima Guide
Ok that makes sense, you sure are persuasive!!--Spike 23:57, 3 September 2006 (EDT)
- SoS knows a lot of names and characters, especially the storylines. ;) Wayoshi ( T·C·@ ) 00:00, 4 September 2006 (EDT)
What's Jugem? Whatever it is, that's what I've been calling the cloud's species.
- Jugem is actually the name of Lakitu in Japan. The cloud is just a cloud. -- Son of Suns
So technically in Japan it is Jugem's cloud. -- Sir Grodus
- Yes. That's why Jugem's Cloud was the original name when Super Mario Bros. 3 was brought to America. It has been changed in newer remakes to Lakitu's Cloud. -- Son of Suns
- But is it actually called Lakitu's Cloud in other games? I thought the policy of the Wiki was to use the name from the most recent game...which, not counting Virtual Console, would technically make it Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition. It believe it's still called Jugem's Cloud there. LinkTheLefty (talk) 10:19, 12 August 2013 (EDT)
- It is classified as vehicle because Mario can ride it in various games, and Lakitus in general use it as means of transportation. Though I don't know whether living beings qualify for that category. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 12:59, 15 September 2007 (EDT)
Super Mario 64?
I don't think so. I've been playing the game for years and any Lakitu that Mario defeats, the cloud will disappear. And the lone cloud on tall tall mountain is un ridable. I think the game should be removed. MCHammerBro.
- That's a good question. In one comic, Fluffy is intelligent and capable of speech, and there is Fwoosh. And Lakitus seem to have a knack for keeping pets. On the other hand, the cloud in the earlier Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen had controls, it is an item in SMB3, and the cloud dissipating quickly once its Lakitu master is displaced suggests something created by the Lakitu. My personal opinion is that the cloud isn't alive, but if you wanted to argue it is I couldn't refute you. Sarisa 19:34, 6 November 2009 (EST)
There are a few references among fans in Japan to the cloud Lakitu rides on as "Kinto-un", the Monkey King's cloud from Journey to the West (and Son Goku's from Dragon Ball). I haven't found anything that suggests this is more than a fan nickname, though. Sarisa 05:13, 20 August 2010 (UTC)