Panel (Wrecking Crew '98)
Panels are destructible objects from Wrecking Crew '98 that have different effects upon destruction.
In total, there are seven types of panels. Panels with the same color can be lined up to clear them and attack the opponent. More panels can be summoned by pressing X.
- Blocks are panels covered by bricks. When struck, it turns into a colored panel.
- Red panels (welding mask), when combined, summon an enemy to the opponent's side. A player running into the summoned enemy bounces around the arena free of control for a short time. Jumping on an enemy sends it flying either to the left or right depending on where on the enemy the player lands.
- Blue panels (shows arrow pointing up) cause additional panels to emerge from the ground from an opponent's column. Blue Combo Attacks are easily countered and are only useful as a "Finishing Attack".
- Yellow panels (looks like a rectangle) summon metal plates from the air to the opponent's side. These cannot be destroyed with the hammer. Yellow Combo Attacks are powerful and dangerous in the fact that if the player constantly performs them, they can flood the opponents field with metal plates to the point where they cannot set up any more combos.
- Green panels (an arrow pointing both ways horizontally) turn all panels into blocks from two or more rows on the opponent's side. The type of colored panel behind the blocks change as a result.
- Bomb panels destroy everything horizontally and vertically from a two-panel span. If another bomb is struck during the explosion, it causes a chain reaction. These only appear every other time the player manually summons more panels in from above (default ); thus, a player needs to have one's area sufficiently cleared to summon bomb panels or risk losing the match.
- Metal plates are panels that cannot be demolished by hammer and can only be dealt with by destroying them with a bomb panel.
Names in other languages
- Wrecking Crew '98 physical release manual, page 2.
- Wrecking Crew '98 physical release manual, page 6.
- Wrecking Crew '98 physical release manual, page 7.
|Wrecking Crew '98|
|Characters||Mario • Eggplant Man • Koopa Troopa • Gotchawrench • Foreman Spike • Bowser • Princess Peach • Luigi • Onigiri • Onnanoko • Oyazi • Dogu|
|Enemies||Forkun • Blonya • Buruccho • Burnya • Dumpty • Jenya • Kanbank • Guruccho • Gata Gata • Poles • U Dokun|
|Objects||Floor • Handle • Panels (Block • Bomb) • Warp Pipe|