Remove featured article status
- NSY (talk) This acticle is too messy to be considered featured. The main problem with this article lies within the fact that a good chunk of it is dominated by galleries. The galleries themselves contain problems, for starters some of the galleries in the article contain images of poor quality (particularly DS and Wii);.There's also inconsistencies with the fact some games have characters in karts with and then others just display the kart. Also Mario Kart 8 seems to have a gallery of character artwork as well as the karts being listed while none of the other games have this. Consistency problems also exist in the descriptions with some games listing the stat categories and others do not and then there's fact that some games have significantly longer descriptions than others. When I see featured articles as the very best the wiki has to ofter, I would not see good impression on the overall quality of the wiki if this shows up on the main page and it ends up being the first ever article people read.
- AfternoonLight (talk) This is a mess. I agree!
- Time Turner (talk) Per all.
- Baby Luigi (talk) This page is a loosely compiled string of galleries with some text in between them. The inconsistencies of the images is actually the least of the problems, sometimes, game devs aren't arsed to create solo-artwork renditions of the karts hence why some games have karts alone while others have guys riding on them only. The other consistency problems such as the stat listings though, I agree with them.
- GSYoshi (talk) A gallery of parts and stuff with the occasional text intertwined is not worthy of being featured.
Keep featured article status
Removal of support/oppose votes
Although I think this could be better, I am not going to vote. If we want to keep it as a featured article, some minor changes can be made. We could have it that way until then. On the other hand, we could do it without unfeaturing it. The level is high enough that if we want to keep it as a featured article, it would be okay. The only problem is how long. It will only work for a short time. But I am wondering if this is only brought up only because it was on the main page. Yoshi the SSM (talk) 15:30, 14 September 2016 (EDT)