Remove featured article status
- PnnyCrygr (talk) Since it was fa'd in 2014, many years have passed, and it now does not hold to today's fa standards. Comparing it to other WarioWare character fa's (Ashley and Dr. Crygor), this article is now not special. Here is why: (see Comments)
Keep featured article status
- ThePowerPlayer (talk) All of the points PnnyCrygr makes in their unfeature nomination have been addressed (see Comments). The article is written very well, with no grammatical errors or other objective mistakes, and Mona is represented comprehensively on her article, with many high-quality images and all information about her design and personality that has been shown by the WarioWare games and the two manga issues she appears in.
- Killer Moth (talk) Per ThePowerPlayer. The issues the article formerly had have been addressed.
Removal of support/oppose votes
- "One of Wario's original employees and microgame programmer".
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! section (esp. the story paragraphs) is padded as heck.
- "In the ending movie "Stage Clear","
—It is named Shiner Diner not Stage Clear (according to article Restaurant Sora Sora).
- Lit. no illustrations in the WarioWare: Twisted! and WarioWare: D.I.Y. sections.
- Aside from Waiwai! Wario manga, there is no mention of the Made in Wario comic (same goes for Dribble & Spitz and Luigi)!
- Super Smash Bros. series section is split into subsections covering each game. It should be merged into just the Super Smash Bros. series section.
- (Personality section)
—It is written like a news flash/promotion article, not an encyclopedic tone.
if she is late, she does everything it takes to be on time—even if it means breaking the law and avoiding the police.
- "The Yum Yums"/"Mona's Pets" are not general info topics.
- The quotes section is too looooooooooooooooooooooooooong! Where is ?
Also i think her appearances in tetris (a tetrimino and a background asset) and paper airplane (score certain points to see her) should be relocated to an "Other appearances" section, as they are merely cameos. Same go for other WarioWare characters. PnnyCrygr 00:21, May 23, 2023 (EDT)
- FYI, other appearances sections should only be used for media that is out of scope, per this proposal. Tetris 99 would go in there (I see that change has been made), but Paper Airplane Chase has full coverage and should remain in the main history section. -- Too Bad! Waluigi Time! 13:54, May 24, 2023 (EDT)
Here are rebuttals to each and every point brought up by PnnyCrygr, in order:
- The intro to the article has been rewritten slightly, but the "microgame programmer" point of contention has specifically been removed.
- The WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! section has been rewritten to remove padding (especially about Mona's Pets) and incorporate the information from the now-removed Trivia section about her wearing Wario's overalls outfit.
- The name of the ending movie from WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! has been corrected to "Shiner Diner".
- All of Mona's appearances now include at least one high-quality image (with the exception of the Super Smash Bros. series, as it always uses existing artwork from the WarioWare series).
- The Made in Wario manga has been added to the History section in full detail, complete with a panel from the manga as an image.
- Mona's appearances in Super Smash Bros. series games have been merged into a single section.
- In addition to several other minor grammatical improvements throughout the article, the "breaking the law and avoiding the police" line has specifically been rewritten in an encyclopedic tone, and now reads: "She is highly dedicated to her roles at work and school, and is willing to evade law enforcement in order to reach her commitments on time."
- Mona's Pets are quite literally named after her and are strongly associated with her, so they cannot afford to be neglected entirely, but if they had their own section, it would be of comparable size to their own article. Thus, a sub-header in the "General information" section is the perfect place to document them on Mona's article.
- A separate List of Mona quotes article has been created, and the Quotes section of the main article has been trimmed to a smaller selection.
ThePowerPlayer 23:48, June 23, 2023 (EDT)