MarioWiki:Featured articles/Unfeature/N1/King Boo
From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia
King Boo became unfeatured at 20:46, 2 May 2011.
Remove Featured Article Status
- Super Mario Bros. (talk) – The article is just horrible. The first thing this article has is a tense template, which should already send you a message about the article and how it is written. The Luigi's Mansion section is written more like a story, rather than a part of an encyclopedia article. The Super Mario 64 DS section has a few sentences at the bottom that provide a theory: the words "may have been" give it away and makes it look unreliable. The article has two sections about a possibly "other" King Boo that appears in Super Mario Sunshine.
Looking through some pages, it looks like an article for the King Boo in the game was split off from the original King Boo article. The first part of the first Super Mario Sunshine section gives details about the King Boo from the game, and the second part of it explains why they are different characters. The second section itself gives details about the Sunshine King Boo completely. If the King Boo from Super Mario Sunshine is a different King Boo and has its own article, then the two sections should probably be eliminated from this article, and a note at the Trivia section at the bottom should indicate the Sunshine character.
I would also go into all of the other sections, but I won't. They need to be rewritten as well, but I'd like to direct everybody's attention over to the trivia section. The point about King Boo from Super Mario Sunshine should be eliminated if the Sunshine sections mentioned above stay, as it is already explained. If the sections are eliminated, then the trivia point should stay. But as of now, both being present in the article is rather redundant. Also, the point about the worth of King Boo's crown should be removed, or the sentence in the Luigi's Mansion section on the matter should. Again, having both in the article is redundant.
But yes, those are my main reasons for unfeaturing King Boo. There are several other reasons that I could provide, but I think these reasons alone justify this nomination.
- DKPetey99 (talk) Per SMB.
- Catboy41 (talk) Per SMB.
- Goomba's Shoe15 (talk) Per SMB
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per above.
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) Not only just the first point above, the article is written like a story, not like an encyclopedia-like summary about King Boo's history, oh wait, you already said that. Oh yeah, and is that a bad picture in the Mario Kart Wii section? Can't we delete the section on Super Mario Sunshine since it is already covered in the respective article?
- Holyromanemperortatan (talk) Per SMB. As a side note, the article looks muy mal.