MarioWiki:Featured articles/N2/Neo Bowser City
- Roy Koopa (talk) Yes, I tried a year ago, but it only failed because it was too short. It is longer now, therefore I think it should be featured.
- PowerKamek (talk)
- Tails777 (talk)
- The Pyro Guy (talk)
- Time Turner (talk) I think it's important to recognize that featured articles aren't just ticking boxes off of a checklist, they're standing on their own two feet in order to serve as a prime example of what one of the wiki's best articles should look like. With that said, the article's very... eh. The intro proper is only two lines (and it doesn't even mention Mario Kart 8), with the rest of it being trivia points cobbled from the section, so that's already an immediate strike against it for me. The course layout also seems rather short, especially when there are other articles, like Koopa Cape, Wuhu Loop, and Shy Guy Bazaar with much more detail in the same section. Besides that, the grammar and spelling are fine, but it doesn't really inspire the "best of the best" qualities that I was talking about.
- Boo4761 (talk) Per Time Turner.
- Yoshi876 (talk) Per TT.
Removal of Opposes
The only major differences between the two articles is that there is a Mario Kart 8 section. I don't know if that's the difference for a featured article. I just don't think this article is outstanding, though. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 21:21, 2 September 2015 (EDT)
- While it's a bit longer than before, I think the real question is does the quality of the article qualify for being featured? I mean outstanding or not, if an article has good quality and length, Mario Kart tracks can still be featured. Correct me if I'm wrong. Tails777 Talk to me!
- It's hard for me to determine since Neo Bowser City is pretty run-of-the-mill track article IMO and that there hasn't been a track featured yet, if I'm corrected or not. The quality seems "okay" ish since it did have some grammar issues I just corrected. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 21:42, 2 September 2015 (EDT)
@Time Turner There, I fixed the intro. I didn't want to go into too much detail (that's for its own section), so it's kinda short. To make it longer I'd have to add all sorts of flowers and the like Don't Get Zonked! (blabbing · what i do) 18:11, 6 September 2015 (EDT)