From the Super Mario Wiki
This article is about the Mushroom Kingdom II stage. For information about other locations named the Mushroom Kingdom, see here
Mushroom Kingdom II is the second Mushroom Kingdom stage in Super Smash Bros. Melee. It can be unlocked by collecting the Birdo or the Pidgit Trophy. Despite the name, this stage is actually in Subcon, from Super Mario Bros. 2. The stage has a platform in the middle, and two on the side. A waterfall forms huge gorges that separate the three. Occasionally, logs will fall down the waterfall, creating temporary platforms. A Pidgit will occasionally fly in, making another platform, and a Birdo also appears occasionally, spitting Birdo Eggs at the characters.
A Cherry appears in the background of the stage, and so does a vase. The whole level has Super Mario All-Stars / BS Super Mario USA graphics (converted to 3D).
- No 22: Super Mario 128
- No 38: Super Mario Bros. 2
- No 40: All-Star Match 4 (Luigi's fight)
- The official strategy guide only mentions that the Birdo Trophy is required to unlock the stage, even though the Pidgit Trophy can also be collected to unlock the stage before collecting the Birdo Trophy.
- Although the stage is Super Mario All-Stars themed, the NES overworld music plays instead.
- Much like Mushroom Kingdom, the boss music will play during a Sudden Death match and on Super Sudden Death.