From the Super Mario Wiki
(Redirected from Mario's Castle
Mario's castle (or Mario Castle) appears in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. Wario steals the castle and transforms it into a level. According to Nintendo Power, he renamed it “Wario Castle.”
Inside are metal spiked balls, Piranha Plant statues that spit fire, and traps shaped like Wario's gloves known as Gen Kottsu that try to crush Mario. Extremely odd creatures live here such as Floating Faces: a type of bouncing ball with Wario's face on it. If Mario beats Wario, the spell is broken, the castle turns white instead of black, and its "M", turned upside down to resemble a "W", is moved back into its correct position.
In later games, Mario's House replaced the castle as his place of residence in the Mushroom Kingdom.
In Mario Party 8 on Koopa's Tycoon Town, if the player gets a three-Star hotel after trading coins with a Koopa Troopa at a hotel, the hotel will look like Mario's castle.
Stage layout of Mario's castle after it was taken over by Wario.
Names in other languages
- ^ Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wario's trophy (set to English).
- ^ Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins English instruction booklet, page 4.
- ^ Nintendo Power Volume 43, pages 44 & 51.
- ^ Nintendo Power Volume 43, page 51.
- ^ Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, pages 1 & 12.
- ^ Super Smash Bros. Melee, Wario's trophy (set to Japanese).