The White Bears are one of two baseball teams in the Game Boy port of Baseball. They appear in both the USA mode and the Japan mode, just with different team members in each mode. They are, by default, always the first to bat. Their opposing team they play against in the game is the Red Eagles. Due to limitations of the Game Boy hardware, their in-game name is displayed as simply "W-BEARS."
North American instruction manual description
- USA Mode: Has a strong cleanup and ace, MARIO. One offensive team!
- Japan Mode: Dynamite batting lineup explodes! High-ranking batters are the star players.
- For full detailing on their stats, see here.
|Pitchers||Mario • Paul • Eric • Jimmy|
|Batters||Mike • Tom • Jim • John|
Bob • Rick • David • Eddie
|Pinch hitters||Jack • Alan • Fred|
|Pitchers||Igawa • Mura • Kane • Natsu|
|Batters||Waka • Michi • Wan • Cho|
Kohji • Buchi • Isao • Yoshi
|Pinch hitters||Kake • Morio • Dai|
- The game includes a character named Yoshi that plays for the White Bears in the Japanese mode. Baseball was released a year before Yoshi's very first appearance in the Japanese release of Super Mario World, and thus the connection is merely coincidental. In real life, Yoshi is a name in the Japanese language that can be a first name, a last name, or a commonly used shortened nickname for a longer name.
- Baseball Instruction Booklet, pages 17–20.