|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
This article is based around a generic subject. The page that I linked to lists a certain set of criteria that a generic subject needs to pass so that it can be an article. Let's put this article through them, shall we?
- The subject must have a function which is different from the real world counterpart. If the differences are extremely minor, the subject may not meet this requirement.
It's pizza. It's a thing that you make in an oven and you put other food on top of it and then you eat it. Nowhere in the franchise is pizza any different from real pizza.
- The player can consume or collect the subject for use.
In the Super Smash Bros. series, pizza is one of the items that can be collected as food. However, it is one of many foods that are part of Food, and a very large number of those foods don't have articles. Heck, the games themselves group them together. Creating articles about all of them would lead to a bunch of "X is an item in SSB that can be eaten to heal Y health", and the table in the Food article is a much better way of structuring it.
- The subject is significant to the media's storyline.
In WarioWare: Twisted, one of the stages involves Mona trying to deliver pizza to someone while the Dinosaurs are trying to stop her. This is certainly the biggest "role" that pizza's been featured in, but it's not really featured in any way. Sure, there's Mona Pizza and Pizza Dinosaur, but an actual pizza does not come into play at any moment, so for the purposes of this article, it's not significant even in that section of the game.
- The subject is significant to the gameplay.
Pizza is featured in a couple of minigames and microgames, but keeping the article solely for that would spiral into creating a heck of a lot of other articles. There are minigames and microgames about many subjects, so if we kept this article, we're going to have arguments about why this thing in this minigame doesn't have an article and so on and so forth. It's a bit of a slippery slope argument, but there's no denying that we're going to have discussions on consistency.
- The subject is determined by the users to be notable.
Well, that's what this proposal's for. As you can tell, I do not find this article to be notable in any way, at least not to a strong-enough degree to keep its article. I've outlined the reasons why I think this article should be deleted, and your options are below.
- Time Turner (talk) Per proposal.
- Mario (talk) This is just like Poop: it's just a bunch of appearances of a generic object put in one article. Also, maybe the Pasta article may need to have a look as well. Still, at least we have varieties of pasta in Paper Mario games, so the pasta article isn't as useless as the pizza article.
- Glowsquid (talk) As hilarious as the trivia section is, this page's useless for the raisins outlined above.
- Epic Rosalina (talk) This page is just as bad as Poop, per all.
- Gonzales Kart Inc. (talk) Per all.
- MegaKoopa (talk) Delete Poop and then this. Also, I agree with @Mario about the Pasta page.
- Yoshi876 (talk) Per all.