Talk:Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Anway- what in the world are those litle blob like enmies that when stepped on, their stuff go everywere and such? Full Metal Moogle (I am planning to make articles on yoshi island stuff, and I ned to know if the article has been created.)
I'm just putting a name I made up and putting the conjecture or whatever. Full Metal Moogle (and thats not it)
Go to sluggy the unshavens fort, and you seethosel ittle blob things? There yellow and orange? Full Metal Moogle
I know there an article about them, but I don't remmenber the name. Gofer
This articles needs a story section--Widkid85 18:35, 29 April 2007 (EDT)
does this have hidden levels?
 Needs WAY more info!!!
Orangeyoshi Way too short. Way too little information. The information we have is not the kind of information we need. There's a few sentences of general information, and then a list of levels enemies and bosses, and that's it. It's perfectly good information, but is that all there is to the game? Even the Wikipedia article is a lot better. It actually has information about gameplay, plot, presentation, reception etc. I think this article should be rewritten and expanded, or else have a very incomplete article about an important game.
- You know that you can edit the article, right? --Blitzwing 16:57, 20 January 2008 (EST)
- Yeah, but I don't know much about the game, I've only played the remake, and that was a long time ago. And I'm not good at writing wiki articles. And if I wrote it, it would be in the wrog tone. I'm not the kind of guy on this wiki who re-writes the articles that aren't good enough. I don't want to be lazy and tell other people to do it, but I think we need a SMW2: Yoshi's Island expert for reworking this article. -Orangeyoshi 09:49, 21 January 2008 (EST)
- I'll be working on this article. Paper Jorge
- That's good. What kind of things do you think you'll add? Oh good, there's a plot section now. There should still be a part explaining the gameplay, it's not like other platformers.Orangeyoshi 20:30, 22 January 2008 (EST) P.S. "Yoshi's Island (game)" should redirect here. How do I do that?
 Missing an enemy?
Does anyone know the name of those little snowmen enemies that wear big polka-dotted pants and come in groups of 4 (1 "mother" and 3 children)? You can use the babies as bouncy eggs if you separate them from the "mother". I actually came here looking to find out the name of them. Pic for refrence. Feb 28th 2008
- Huffin Puffin I believe it was-BUT! It's not an enemy. It's more of an allie, altough it acts similar to Bumpty because they try to push Yoshi off. Paper Jorge ( Talk·Contributions)·
 My version has different level names!
My copy has "Fight Baddies w/ Baddies" and "Crazy Maze Days", not "Fight Toadies w/ Toadies" and "Endless World of Yoshis". Is this an England / America difference or something? Avengah 13:02, 13 April 2008 (EDT)
- I think you have the GBA version of the game. The GBA has different names for some levels. Paper Jorge ( Talk·Contributions)·
- The levels in question are the Secret levels, which are not in the SNES version... Avengah 17:01, 13 April 2008 (EDT)
- This is pretty important... Somebody answer... I would but I do not have GBA version. A Link to the Present 13:55, 9 April 2011 (EDT)
 What are these enemies called?
They are little green cactussy things that bounce a Needlenose up and down on their heads. You can eat the Needlenose, and the enemy will stay where it is for a few seconds, then go down. After a while, it will generate a new Needlenose. I'm not sure if this enemy is in the list.
Also, anyone know the answer to my question about the Secret Level names? Thanks! Avengah 11:41, 14 April 2008 (EDT)
- This enemy is not included in the list, but I don't know how it's called, sorry. Time Questions 12:01, 14 April 2008 (EDT)
 Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Levels
Levels That Need Writing, Re-writing, Expanding or Images/Better Images
- World 1:
** Exercise in the Skies - better image
- World 2:
- World 3:
- World 4:
- GO! GO! MARIO!! - re-writing/expanding + level infobox
- The Cave of Lakitus - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Don't Look Back! - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Marching Milde's Fort - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Lake Shore Paradise - re-writing/expanding + better image
- Ride Like the Wind - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Hookbill the Koopa's Castle - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Fight Toadies w/ Toadies - better image + level infobox
- The Impossible? Maze - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- World 5:
- Danger - Icy Conditions Ahead - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Sluggy the Unshaven's Fort - re-writing/expanding
- Goonie Rides! - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Welcome to Cloud World created + image + level infobox
- Shifting Platforms Ahead created + image + level infobox
- Items are Fun! - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- Kamek's Revenge - re-writing/expanding + image + level infobox
- World 6:
Striked out levels have since been completed
I can help with images, plz put ya name down if ya can too!
- uper-YoshiI can get most of the images, including the GBA ones. But first, we gotta work on expanding the article..
- I hope I can help putting images.
 3DS/Virtual Console
- "The game has yet to be announced to be ported for the Wii's Virtual Console, however the game is slated for possible re-release on the Nintendo 3DS."
- This game is among a large list of classic games that Reggie said in an interview were being remade for the Nintendo 3DS. Wii's Virtual Console? Still no word. A Link to the Present 13:58, 9 April 2011 (EDT)
- A new remake? Sounds New Super Mario Bros. Wii-ish and pretty new to me.--Prince Ludwig 03:01, 1 June 2011 (EDT)
 Debug Room
I found something that wasn't described here yet. It is a debug room from this game (picture on here: http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/SuperMarioWorld2-Yoshi'sIsland-DebugRoom.png) Do any of you think that there should be a section about this room? --Marioblender 22:32, 10 January 2011 (EST)
 I'm rewriting the entire article. What do you think this article needs?
JanuaryThunder 16:22, 14 May 2011 (EDT)
 Promotional Material
What do you think of this section so far?
 Add pictures to the gameplay section.
Please add pictures to the gameplay section. Good night.
--JanuaryThunder 01:37, 5 July 2011 (EDT)
 !¡!¡!¡!¡Yoshi's Island Beta!¡!¡!¡!¡
Okay, everyone. Look closely.
The above is a promotional video for Yoshi's Island that was likely played on television screens in retail stores. It is not the same promotional video as the one featuring Ken Lobb.
What's exciting here is that this video features a **beta** version of Yoshi's Island. You'll notice some differences in background and enemy placement. I think these changes are worth noting somewhere on MarioWiki. As far as I can tell, no other website has ever noted these changes. This can be a MarioWiki exclusive. What differences do you notice?
JanuaryThunder 01:16, 17 November 2011 (EST)
too many pics. an article should be made User:JORDANDEBONO
Super Mario world 2 is clearly part of the mario series and the next mario game after mario world. it's called mario world 2 in america,so in america it's related.japan and america have different mario bros 2 but noone says the current mario bros 2 isn't connected to the rest of the series.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mylp23 (talk).
 Added to version differences
Added more details about the version difference. There was actually two distinct pal releases. One was for the New Zealand and Australia, that feature the yellow border on the box and the yellow label on the cartridge itself, the other one was for Europe (game had a language selector allowing you to switch between English, French and German), that featured a box identical to the NTSC release, aswell as cartridge label. More info here: