The 'Shroom:Issue 176/Awards Director Election
Awards Director Election
This is the rules page for the election; campaigns and voting take place on this article's discussion page.
Hello, readers of The 'Shroom and wider members of our community. November comes around again, and with it, we once again arrive at the moment we decide who will lead next year's Awards process from forming the Awards Committee all the way through to the work that comes after the ceremonies. Please, give this page a read to find out who is eligible to run and how you can vote!
- This election starts on Saturday, November 13th, 2021 and ends on Saturday, December 18th, 2021 at 00:01 GMT.
- Any registered Super Mario Wiki user with a Super Mario Boards account may choose to nominate themselves for election on this article's discussion page (linked to in the introduction). The nomination periods ends on Saturday, December 11th, 2021 at 0:01 GMT.
- A candidate may choose another member to be their running mate; this individual will become the Awards Sub-Director should their ticket win. You are not required to have a running mate, but should you choose to have one, they must meet the qualifications listed in rule #2.
- All candidates must specify what their plans are for the following year.
- No candidate may employ blatantly unethical campaign methods (such as bribing voters, outright copying another member's campaign, etc.).
- Candidates may hold discussions and debates in the election forum topic and in IRC or Discord. Creation of a forum topic or arranging of debates elsewhere will be handled at the request of the candidates in the election.
- Any registered Super Mario Wiki user may cast a vote for one candidate on this article's discussion page starting on Saturday, November 20th, 2021 at 0:01 GMT.
- Voters may change their vote at any time during the course of the election.
- If you have the plurality of votes at the end of the election period, you will become the new Awards Committee Director. If there are two or more people that tie for having the highest amount of votes, then a runoff election between said candidates will occur. This procedure is called Overtime. If there is still a tie by the end of the new deadline, the election will once again be extended by one week. Overtime continues until one candidate has the highest amount of votes.
This is where the candidate will introduce themselves, state their purpose and motivation for running, and what their qualifications are; if the candidate has a running mate, they also provide an introduction for that person and explain why they are fit for being Vice-Chairperson.
Then the campaign's goals will be listed here:
- This is the first goal.
- This is the second goal.
- ...And so on.
This is where other members of the wiki place their votes, like this:
Responsibilities of the Awards Director
The Director of the Awards Committee...
- ...shall determine the method by which individuals are to be able to join the Committee.
- ...shall be the official Host of the Mario Awards Ceremony.
- ...may choose an Awards Sub-Director and Awards Staff Consultants to help them oversee the Awards process, and delegate tasks to them as necessary.
- ...directs the Awards Committee meetings.
- ...decides the date of the Awards and maintains a schedule of events for the celebration.
- ...maintains a sign-up list for presenters and enforces the rules that are established for presentations.
- ...creates the polls for the Awards via the chosen software and tallies the results of each poll after one month has passed since the voting period has begun.
- ...sends the presenters the results for their Award.
- ...receives presentations from those who have agreed to do one.
- ...makes the topics for each Ceremony on Awards Day.
- ...closes the Ceremonies upon the completion of the celebration.
- ...along with the Awards Committee, considers and permits special events held in conjunction with the Anniversary and collaborates with other Super Mario Wiki Community projects.
- ...along with the Awards Committee, offers guidance to those who attempt to host tournaments and games during Awards season.
This election ends December 18th 00:01 (GMT)
There are other various tasks that the Awards Director must assume, but these are the most basic duties. If you think you are capable of leading the Awards Committee and overseeing the Awards process for a one year term, post your campaign on this article's discussion page. Good luck to all!
|The 'Shroom: Issue 176
|Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight • Awards Director Election
|Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner • Strategy Wing