- This article is about the worm character in Donkey Kong 64. For the wormlike ghost in Yoshi's Story, see Ghost (Yoshi's Story). For the caterpillar in Super Mario Galaxy, see Worm (Super Mario Galaxy).
|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
- “Y'know, I don't like it here anymore. It's always raining. Take me to a nice sunny spot somewhere else and the banana's yours!”
- —Worm, Donkey Kong 64
The Worm, or Mr. Worm, is a minor character in Donkey Kong 64. The Worm lives inside a large green apple in Fungi Forest, near Funky's Store. Chunky is the only Kong who ever talks to the Worm, who explains to Chunky about his issues with the nearby Tomatoes surrounding his house, claiming that they ate all of his friends and that he is the only survivor of them. He offers Chunky a Golden Banana in exchange for destroying the four Tomatoes. However, after Chunky defeats the Tomatoes, the Worm does not yet reward Chunky, as he requests to be relocated somewhere sunnier, disliking the constant rainfall in his current area. Chunky must pick up the Worm's house and place it on a dirt patch depicting the Worm's house near the cuckoo clock tower. In response, the Worm thanks Chunky and finally gives him a Golden Banana.
Names in other languages
|Green Worm; Japanese phrase for any green hairless caterpillar|
- Donkey Kong 64 Banana Guide on Nintendo.com, Nintendo. Retrieved November 24, 2014.
- Lockhart, Ryan. Donkey Kong 64 Official Perfect Guide. Page 73.
- Barton, Jeff, Mario De Govia, and Donato Tica. Donkey Kong 64 Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 109.
- 「ドンキーコング64任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 91.