The 'Shroom:Issue XLIX/Music & Artwork
Director’s Notes (Fawfulfury65)
Hey everyone, welcome back to the Music & Artwork section of the ’Shroom. We’re a little short on sections this month, which kind of disappoints me. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy what’s here currently. No users have been added to the Music & Artwork team this month, but BabyLuigiOnFire has resigned from writing the Sketch Related to Mario section.
If you plan on writing for the Music & Artwork team, don’t hesitate to ask me for a job! I’ll let you fill out an application and the ’Shroom core staff will see if you can have the job or not. Check the sign up list to see what you can write for!
Music Factoid (SimeaMorgana)
This month, I would like to present to you the not‐so‐well‐known music tracks of Mario Strikers Charged Football!
As the game itself is very ‘rough’, the music that plays during the matches is well adapted. A type of music consisting of synthetic sounds and electronic instruments! All of them follow a special pattern. The tension grows to a maximum in the first 2 minutes, the average time of a normal match, then falls quickly and grows again to a maximum at the end of the 3rd minute. It’s mainly a slightly altered version of the main melody of the music piece. Fittingly, you can also choose to play a 3‐minute‐match. After the 3rd minute, the music restarts its ‘2‐minute cycle’, which makes five minutes, also a time option for a match! Everything’s logically structured! Please note that, in some cases, you might not clearly recognize this pattern.
- ‘The classroom’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HvqGlz7_Iw The most epic, funky and groovy music I’ve ever heard in a Mario game! Especially the part that starts at 0:33. The keyboard I guess confers a very special feeling to the music! You can clearly distinct the special pattern I described.
- ‘Crystal Canyon’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCgafcp2jAQ&feature=related Somehow it reminds me of Wario Land: Shake It! … A very distinctive music style because of the guitar mainly.
- ‘Storm Ship’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY-rM0M2vMw&feature=related The match against Petey was frustrating… The most intense music in the whole game, underlining the roughness of Mario strikers.
- ‘Sandtomb’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0GbJAITK0s&feature=related The music you really just want to dance to! No? Not really? …
- Pause Menu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTYsaFq4j_E&feature=related Yay for elevator music ! It just doesn’t seem to fit into the atmosphere of the game. But now, chill out, relax…
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it. (:
Screenshot of the Month (Fawfulfury65)
Hello everyone, and welcome to another great Screenshot of the Month! This time, I chose an image from none other than Super Mario Galaxy 2, a recent Mario game that many people seem to like a lot. Not only is it fantastic in quality and quantity, but it shows Mario doing a full split in the air as he jumps. He’s the most flexible plumber I’ve ever seen. The picture also shows the early parts of the game, where Mario makes his way to Princess Peach’s castle, seen in the background. A lot of detail is present here, and the sky looks quite realistic. There are patterns on the ground, the hills, and even the trees. Well, that’s just about it. Tune it next month for another Screenshot of the Month in the ’Shroom’s 50th issue!
Random Image of the Month (Ralphfan)
This image is of Ridley and Samus Aran fighting in the intro video for Super Smash Bros. Melee. Ridley is not fought in Melee, though he can be obtained as a trophy. He is fought twice in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in the Subspace Emissary.
Sprite of the Month (FunkyK38)
This month’s sprite of the month is from Super Princess Peach. Walk by quietly when it’s sleeping! This little guy is like most of us: on Spring Break, ready for summer, away from school and fishing at the pond.