The 'Shroom:Issue LVII/Interview
From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
Interviewby Baby Mario Bloops (talk)
Christmas is just around the corner. Carolers are freezing as they sing, mistletoes are causing men to be slapped by women, and the stereotypical desire to be a spoiled youngster and open presents. However, a few users got their Christmas present early this year on the Mario Wiki.
That’s right, the two somewhat-newly promoted Sysops Marioguy1 and Lindsay151. Let’s begin with MG1…
- BMB – Well, it is quite obvious that you got promoted Sysop not that long ago. What was your first reaction?
- MG1 – My first reaction, surprise. It had come after a month-long hiatus, but I was pretty happy about it.
- BMB – Do you think you deserved it over the other patrollers?
- MG1 – Not Really, I definitely think that if there were only two positions, they would have gone to Phoenix and Lindsay.
- BMB – Okay, what are some things you want to do while you are [still] a sysop?
- MG1 – I don’t really have many aspirations of things to do while being sysop. Mostly I just hope to use the new powers effectively to help out around the wiki.
- BMB – Let’s see…did you have any doubts of being promoted? And elaborate; don’t hold back on me.
- MG1 – Well, over the summer I was pretty inactive and I was really doubtful that I’d be getting a promotion. But my activity has pretty much righted itself again. So I don’t think that was much of a problem.
- BMB – Time for a tough one. If you could go back and undo your promotion so that someone else could be promoted, would you?
- MG1 – Probably not, because there were very few patrollers at that time and half of them were promoted alongside me.
- BMB – Last question. Do you personally think you’ll ever be a Beaucrat?
- MG1 – Maybe. It all depends on how the dice fall, and whether I can keep up my activity.
- BMB – Thanks.
Alright, now that we got some thoughts from the first one, let’s do the later one. It’s time to sleuth upon Lindsay’s thoughts.
- BMB – [Lindsay,] what was your first reaction to being promoted?
- Lindsay – I was surprise about begin promoted, but now it feel good and am happy begin a Sysop.
- BMB – Do you believe you deserved it over some of the other [patrollers]?
- Lindsay – I wouldn't say I did, so I don't think so.
- BMB – Alright, what are some things you can finally do that you couldn't before you became a Sysop?
- Lindsay – Delete unneeded articles and images, protect pages, etc.
- BMB – Did you have any doubts about becoming Sysop? Please try to be specific.
- Lindsay – Yes, I did have some doubts but talk about it, [but talking] private with a former admin who [gave] me advice made me feel better.
- BMB – Do you believe you would ever become Beaucrat, ever?
- Lindsay – Well that’s a higher rank, so I’m going to say no (for now). Besides, I enjoy my current rank and I don't consider about getting another [promotion].
- BMB – Alright, thank you for that interview.
Well, that brings a wrap to the 2011 year. I – BMB – guess I’ll be seeing you in the 2012 year. Hopefully you’ll see more exciting interviews next year, and enjoy the holidays!