- The only others are "PK FIRE!!", "PK THUNDER!!!" and "PK FLASH!!!". "Okay" is his taunt, and it is the best we have. My Bloody Valentine
I'm gonna suggest: "Free your mind and KNOW what you must do!" It's dialog from Ness in Earthbound, and is certainly a lot better than any "quotes" you're going to find in Smash Brothers.
- *ahem*, we are a MARIOWiki. If its not in any Mario or Smash Bros. game, it doesn't belong here. My Bloody Valentine
So much false statements...
In the 4th paragraph of the Ness article's "Appearance" entry, there is nothing but rumors and assumptions about Ness' chances in SSBB, because Lucas has been confirmed to be in the game. Let's make some corrections:
Lucas was originally meant to replace Ness in Super Smash Bros. Melee. However, Mother 3 (at that time, known as EarthBound 64), was delayed for 2006 for release on the Game Boy Advance. As such, Ness was kept in Super Smash Bros. Melee to avoid confusion. The inclusion of Lucas in Super Smash Bros. Brawl makes it doubtful whether Ness will return.
Lucas was suppose to replace Ness in SSBM... that much is true. This was confirmed in Ness' character page on the Japanese SSBM webpage, but Lucas' inclusion hindering Ness' chances in SSBB? This is an opinion based off of a choice Masahiro Sakurai wanted to make 6 years ago. You're telling me that he can't change his mind after so long? I'm not saying that Ness is guaranteed to be in, but using that whole "Ness-wasn't-suppose-to-be-in-SSBM" argument nowadays is worthless.
Adtionally, Lucas seems to have the similiar moves as Ness,
Not at all. Did the person who post this know what he/she was talking about, let alone play SSBM to see what Ness' moves look like? From the screenshots of Lucas so far, he hasn't perform a single move that looks like anything Ness can use.
and Masahiro Sakurai has stated that there would be no "clones" (characters with an identical move set to another character) in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
This is a rumor that has never been proven to be true. It has gotten so bad that many people actually believe it, yet the people who keep saying this can't find any official proof of Sakurai saying this. This should be removed.
On the other hand, Masahiro Sakurai has stated that the original twelve characters from Super Smash Bros. will be returning, making it possible that he will be in the game.
Also a rumor. Seriously, why is there so much false information and rumors about non-Mario characters on this site? I know this is a site mainly about Mario and his series, but if you're willing to put non-Mario characters on this site, there should be accurate information about them. ElementGodX
The fact that no one has replied to my post, yet someone continues to post those false rumors when I remove them prove that person's ignorance. If you are willing to remove what I post in the article, stop behaving like a child and post why it shouldn't be there. ElementGodX
- Well, this actually is a bunch of unconfirmed statements. You can always go ahead removing such stuff, you only need to go to the talk page when someone (for some reason) disagrees with your edits. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 11:56, 6 November 2007 (EST)
Bye, Ness... OR IS IT?
If you ask me, Sakurai could've meant one of two things when he mentioned Ness on the DOJO!!:
1.) Ness has indefinitely been replaced. 2.) Ness has been appearing up until now, because he's around THEN and is still appearing NOW.
Though the last one is unlikely, as I doubt Sakurai would openly reveal a character before their profile comes up. Any answers? NMRodo
- Well, nobody bothered to answer, but I can see that part of the article was chopped off anyway. NMRodo
- I highly doubt we shoudl talk what the site said literally, seeing as what they say regarding Ness varies between different languages. Also, sorry I didn't respond sooner. - Smashgoom202 08:42, 9 November 2007 (EST)
Remember how the site said Ness has been in Smash "up until now"? Well, today's update (handicap) said that Sakurai's been keeping a handicap system "until now".
This really just furthers the speculation, but any comments? NMRodo
- Read Cobold's comment above. No speculation. I agree, there is much evidence stating Ness will or won't return, but we shouldn't be stating every last bit of speculation on the article. So, for now, let's just say he was in SSB and SSBM, and say nothing about him in SSBB. Agreed? My Bloody Valentine