Welcome to Yoshi's Island is a one-time playable level in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and its remake, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. It can only be played when a new game is started. It is mainly a tutorial in which Yoshi learns about Baby Mario, as well as using Expand Blocks and collecting coins. The level is very basic and short, with only few Shy Guy enemies strolling around, making it easy enough for beginners. As this mini-level ends, Yoshi begins level 1-1, Make Eggs, Throw Eggs. The level is also used as the final section of Endless World of Yoshis, with the addition of Kamek attacking Yoshi every few seconds like in the first room of 6-8.
 Names in Other Languages
Koko wa Yosshī Airando
|This is Yoshi's Island
||Voici l'Ile de Yoshi!
||This is Yoshi's Island!
||Jetzt Geht's Los!
||Here We Go!
||Benvenuto nell'Isola Yoshi
||Welcome to Yoshi's Island
Huānyíng lái dào Yàoxī Dǎo
|Welcome to Yoshi's Island
- The very start of the level resembles Yoshi's House from Super Mario World.
- The color of the Yoshi played will be the current Yoshi the player is using on the most recently selected file.
- The music is unique to this level; however, it is played in part of the remake's Endless World of Yoshis.
- In the GBA version, if a player gets a Game Over on this level and chooses to end, the file will say that the level is World 0. In the SNES version the player is given infinite lives for this level and so cannot game over.
- This level is also called World 0 if the player pauses during the level, it says World 0 at the top, and at the bottom it says the level is World 0-0.
- This is the only level not to have collectibles, so if a player pauses during the level, there will be dashes next to the collectibles count.