From the Super Mario Wiki
Mametchi as he appears in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2.
| First Appearance
|| Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop (Tamagotchi Connection series)|
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (Mario series 2007)
| Latest Appearance
|| Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 3 (Tamagotchi Connection series)
“Bee, bop, bip!”
—Mametchi, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
Mametchi is a character from Bandai's handheld digital pet toy called a Tamagotchi, which housed in a small and simple egg-shaped computer.
Mametchi appears in the crossover Mario game Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 as a playable character in light of Namco's recent merge with Bandai. In this game, Mametchi is a speed type character like Ms. Pac-Man and Toad. Three of Mametchi's special items he can obtain during gameplay is a Mame Block, a Bagubagutchi, or a Chipi Syrup.
Mametchi does not return in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX, being replaced by Don-chan, a newcomer to the series.
Mametchi speaks his own language – Tamagotchi. He uses words such as 'bee', 'bop' and 'bip'. The sounds that he emits make reference to the beeping sounds that the Tamagotchi devices make whenever the player is pressing on the buttons. Not all Tamagotchi characters speak the same language though, as a common child character known as Kuribotchi sounds like 'ba bu ba bu'.
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 Quotes
- "Bee, bop, bip!" (After Mametchi is selected as character)
- "Bop!" (When hitting a wall)
- "Bop, bop, bop, bop!" (After completing a lap)
- "Baaap!" (Being hit by or successfully hitting an opponent with an item)
- On the track Waluigi Stadium, there are signs referring to Mametchi's family, the Mame Family, showing Mametchi, his parents, his little sister and the item Bagubagutchi.