From the Super Mario Wiki
Mametchi as he appears in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2.
| First Appearance
|| Tamagotchi P1 (Tamagotchi series) (1996)|
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 (Mario series 2007)
| Latest Appearance
|| Tamagotchi! Tamatomo Daishuu-GO (Tamagotchi series) (2015)
“Bee, bop, bip!”
—Mametchi, Mario Kart Arcade GP 2
Mametchi is a character from Bandai's handheld digital pet toy called a Tamagotchi, which housed in a small and simple egg-shaped computer.
Mametchi appears in the crossover Mario game Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 as a playable character in light of Namco's recent merge with Bandai. In this game, Mametchi is a speed type character like Ms. Pac-Man and Toad. Three of Mametchi's special items he can obtain during gameplay is a Mame Block, a Bagubagutchi, or a Chipi Syrup.
Mametchi, along with Ms. Pac-Man and Blinky, doesn't make a reappearance in Mario Kart Arcade GP DX
Mametchi speaks his own language – Tamagotchi. He uses words such as 'bee', 'bop' and 'bip'. The sounds that he emits make reference to the beeping sounds that the Tamagotchi devices make whenever the player is pressing on the buttons. Not all Tamagotchi characters speak the same language though, as a common child character known as Kuribotchi sounds like 'ba bu ba bu'.
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 Quotes
- "Bee, bop, bip!" (After Mametchi is selected as character)
- "Bop!" (When hitting a wall)
- "Bop, bop, bop, bop!" (After completing a lap)
- "Baaap!" (Being hit by or successfully hitting an opponent with an item)
This Trivia section is overly long. Please relocate any relevant information into appropriate sections and articles.
- On the track Waluigi Stadium, there are signs referring to Mametchi's family, the Mame Family, showing Mametchi, his parents, his little sister and the item Bagubagutchi.
- On the same track, there's also signs referring to the Tamagotchi Planet, Mametchi's home planet, and other Tamagotchi characters, showing Memetchi, Kuchipatchi, Makiko, Violetchi(or Flowertchi) and Grippatchi(or Ms. Perfect). Words stating,"We Love Mametchi" are also displayed on the latter sign.
- On the Japanese-exclusive Nintendo 64 game, 64 de Hakken! Tamagotchi Minna de Tamagotchi World, there are Special Tamagotchis based off of Mario and Wario. They were named Mariotchi and Waruotokotchi, respectively.
- There is no Tamagotchi Cup in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 despite Mametchi being playable.
- Of all the non-Nintendo characters who made it in Mario games of any genre, Mametchi is the only one who didn't originate as a video game character, rather originating as a Virtual Pet Toy character.