Remove featured article statusEdit
- NSY (talk) When you compare this article to other Mario Kart game articles, this article is noticeably infeior in quality. Firstly unlike the pages for Wii, 7 and 8 articles there is no gameplay section whatsoever meaning this article is missing a key compoment. Secondly the organisation is a mess the mulitplayer mode is seemly randomly put in its own section midway down the artcle away from artcile and that section is also very limited in content. Other sections are also lacking content inclduing the options which is just one paragraph, only detailing the emblems as well as the sales section which is restricted to one line. Both of sections are so limited in infomation to the point they could be classfied as section-stubs, this also makes the quality of the article inconsistent because there are other parts of the article that are actually really well written. Thirdly the most of images used in the items are the images section are from double dash.
Lastly the characters section is not visally appealing with the small images and the use of unoffcial descriptions cotaining obvious info that anywho who has any basic knowledge of the Mario series will know (it's amazing the fact that Luigi is Mario's brother).When putting all of these facts together it's clear this article has signifcant flaws that I belive are more than enough to prvent it from featured status. Featured articles are meant to represent the very best of Mario wiki to showcase to readers when they first come on the website and considering that there are articles of other Mario Kart games that are also currently featured that are better are this and do not have the flaws that this article has then it is clear that the article for Mario Kart DS does not showcase the best the wiki has to offer.
- Power Flotzo (talk) Per the above.
- Killer Moth (talk) per all.
- Ray Trace (talk) Per all.
- Electrical Bowser jr. (talk) Per NSY.
Keep featured article statusEdit
Removal of support/oppose votesEdit
"Thirdly the most of images used in the items are the images section are from double dash." Would like to point out that it's exactly like this in the instruction manual for Mario Kart DS. Ray Trace(T|C) 17:22, October 14, 2022 (EDT)
One of the four problems of this article (character section) has been solved but its still not enough for the article to keep its featured status. In regards Ray Trace's comment on double dash item icons, I did not realise they were like that in the instruction manual. Despite that I still do not think those images should be used. The reason beinf artwork were created for Double Dash and are based off how these items appear in Double Dash (also worth noting the files inserted into the article are ripped from Double Dash itself and not from DS's manual). These items (partically Mushrooms and Bananas) go through signifcant apprence changes and I think we should instead use the icons that appear in the item roulette as they better reflect how they appear in Mario Kart DS. NSY (talk)