Insert title here
The page M&L is a redirect to Mario & Luigi (series) and the page M & L is a disambiguation page. In my opinion, we should do that:
- Delete the page M&L (or else we can't move the page afterwards)
- Move M & L to M&L
- Delete M & L
Banon (talk · edits) 12:19, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- It's not good if a page with one more space, but with an otherwise identical name is different. We should delete the redirect and leave the disambiguation page because M & L itself is... well, ambiguous. KaBoom! 13:47, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- I wanted M&L to be the disambiguation page, and M & L deleted (or left as a redirect?).
Banon (talk · edits) 14:45, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- No wait! We should let M&L (and maybe M & L) be a redirect to Mario & Luigi, which is a disambiguation page.
Banon (talk · edits) 14:46, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
The spaces in M & L make more sense because it's... grammatically correct? I don't know if we allow redirects to disambiguation pages. KaBoom! 14:48, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- Yeah, redirects to disambiguation pages are discouraged here, but not necessarily against the rules. KaBoom! 14:53, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- The redirect syntax may not necessarily be grammatically correct, it should be what the average reader might type. In this case, I don't know which one would he types. Feel free to delete the redirects if you believe they're useless or something :)
Banon (talk · edits) 14:56, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
In the MarioWiki:Redirects article, it's written that "Template, Category, and File redirects are discouraged. In the rare case that one of these types of pages is moved, it's recommended to update all links to the new name and delete the redirect page.", but they don't talk about disambiguation.
Banon (talk · edits) 14:59, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- "Also, do not create mainspace redirects to MarioWiki pages, categories, or any other type of article besides mainspace articles." Is disambiguation considered mainspace? I believe so. KaBoom! 15:02, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
- Precisely! Since disambiguation pages are mainspace, we can create redirects to them, as every other mainspace article!
Banon (talk · edits) 15:05, 5 April 2013 (EDT)
I don't want to begin an edit war, so I will speak here: why would M&L and M & L be redirects to the Mario & Luigi series article? It's more logical to make them redirects of Mario & Luigi (that's what means M & L after all).
Banon (talk · edits) 15:27, 6 April 2013 (EDT)
- M & L is an ambiguous term. It can mean Mario and Luigi as the brothers, not the game. It can also mean the game series as well. KaBoom! 18:48, 6 April 2013 (EDT)