Remove featured article statusEdit
- Ray Trace (talk) As the article stands, I feel like it has too many current issues to be kept up. Before I have nominated this article, it suffers from a section stub about Dr. Mario World, lacking vital information from the game such as his special abilities, attack power, and vs mode defense stats. However, the main reason I nominated this are some sections are too excessive in story detail, namely the Mario & Luigi story sections. There's no need to detail every single time they have some sort of involvement in the plot, it is best to summarize their roles in the game, and highlight some of their important involvements in key points of the story, which additionally applies to all RPG sections about major characters and some story sections, including his role in the Yoshi's Island games. There's also a glaring lack of images in the Mario & Luigi section. Some sentences of this article are also poorly written, especially the SMW:YI one which is written too much like a flowery narrative ("However, his big mouth gives him away as he shouts something and flies towards Yoshi." "the irritated Baby Bowser complains about Kamek provoking him and smashing him as flat as paper before Baby Bowser tries to ride Yoshi"). Another example is Yoshi's Island DS's section: ("Kamek appears before every boss battle to give an enemy monster an advantage in battle (usually making them gigantic). After Bowser is beaten in combat by Yoshi, Kamek once again uses his magic to turn Bowser gigantic. Despite this, Bowser is still beaten by a team of Yoshis and Kamek and his master are forced to retreat.") Mario Party DS can also use more information, such as his items that can be collected in the game alongside his involvement in the ? Spaces on the board. His Mario Golf: World Tour section needs to be expanded, which only goes to his drive information and not his ball height and sweet spot stats. Finally, the Profiles and Statistics Section is slapped with another stub template, being an Empty Section, something we don't allow in our articles.
- DarkNight (talk) Per Ray Trace.
- Archivist Toadette (talk) Per Ray Trace.
- Koopa con Carne (talk) The article's quality is all over the place, but I don't think the Mario & Luigi section is that bad. In fact, the Partners in Time section does a great job at explaining Kamek's role to someone who hasn't played the game, such as myself, and I think it fits in a featured article. I do think the other Mario & Luigi installment sections may be in need of trimming, for the most part; there's an entire paragraph in the Dream Team section that doesn't mention Kamek once, and that could go for instance.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per Ray Trace.
Keep featured article statusEdit
Removal of support/oppose votesEdit
To sum things up in a convenient list, breaking down this article:
- Overall article issues
- Linked sections when we no longer allow that
- Four improvement tag templates, elaborated below.
- Section issues
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island: Written too much like a narrative, has poor, "old wiki-styled" flowery writing in it at points.
- Yoshi's Island DS: Similar narrative issues as the first.
- Yoshi's Wooly World: Similar narrative issues as the first.
- How Yoshi's New Island and Yoshi's Crafted World describes his role is the proper way to write his sections.
- Super Mario RPG: Goes into a point-for-point retelling of his role in a story when that's not a summary is for. Should make a distinction betrween his narrative role and his battle tactics.
- Mario Kart series: Missing his cameos in Mario Kart Arcade GP and 2, specifically his sponsors in Castle Wall and Bowser's Castle.
- Mario Party DS: Needs expansion, needs to talk more about his roles on his board and the collectibles he has in the game.
- Mario & Luigi series: Main reason I voted to unfeature. Badly needs images, and all of its sections need trimming; they do not need to in point-for-point retelling of the entire game's plot, because otherwise, you get very bloated and unwieldly sections like these that tend to plague major character articles where they had a starring or pivotal role in them (Bowser is a particular bad case of it).
- Mario & Sonic series: Needs images.
- Paper Mario series: Same as Mario & Luigi, but not as egregious.
- Mario Golf World Tour: Needs expansion, it lacks some critical stats he has in the game such as his trajectory, sweet spot, control, and ball height. It also lacks Mii Gear info from him.
- Mario Tennis Aces: Just needs a screenshot of him holding a racket, since it's his first tennis appearance.
- Dr. Mario World: Lacks critical information about him, such as his special ability and versus mode stats, such as his attack power, attack speed, and his defense percentages.
- Profiles and statistics: Marked as a section stub and is an empty section.
- For clarification, I was the one who split out the "profiles and statistics" section into its own article, because I felt that it was getting much too big to remain as a section on its parent article. In retrospect, I probably should have added a summary of the points typically brought up in Kamek's profiles and common statistics, though that would take some considerable time to effectively write about. (T|C) 18:33, October 14, 2020 (EDT)