Talk:Super Mario World
This is a Featured Article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
No, it isn't. Its "Super Mario". Deal.HK
- Yoshi is not the main character, but an ally one of the brothers can pick up. Not a Yoshi game. Wayoshi 16:20, 3 August 2006 (EDT)
Can I add a section for enemies in this article?--Fg 16:55, 27 January 2007 (EST)
RAP repiles: Hmm... I heard there seems that theres a NES version of this game, should I add extra information about it??
- I wouldn't mind, but you're aware that the NES version is an unofficial, pirated game, right? It is... --YellowYoshi398 22:17, 25 February 2007 (EST)
On the world map, there are a few different types of circles indicating that theres a level. Yellow means 1 exit, red means 2 exits. What do the large circles mean? --Bentendo 13:57, 6 March 2007 (EST)
- Correct me if I am wrong, but the circle size usually indicates the size of the level; large circle means longer level. LReyomeXX 12:54, 16 October 2009 (EDT)
RAP repiles: Hmmm... There are many changes from the SNES to the GBA version; should I list the differences about both versions (SNES & GBA)?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by RAP (talk).
Yes,why not? User:Gofer
 Relevant Hack...?
- Dude, its just a hack. ~Uniju(T-C-E)
- I agree with Uniju, it is just a hack, it has no importance on this Wiki. My Bloody Valentine
As the others said, Hack + Relevant = Does not compute. Glowsquid
- Alrighty. I never saw anything about it 'till recently, and, seeing other related videos, people seemed to be flaming each other on it. I didn't know how much it spread into fan discussions and such. Thanks for the info. --Galvanic 02:16, 3 November 2007 (EDT)
I'm a big fan of SMW, and I remember each level, so I'll be working on the articles for the game's levels; a lot of them are too short, but no one's deleting them. Anyone want to help me? I'm honestly not the greatest writer... CrystalYoshi
 Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- The game has a sequel, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island; however, instead of taking place after Super Mario World, it took place many years before it. This game tells the story of how Mario was born and plays similar to Super Mario World- The setting of the game is also the same setting as its predecessor. Super Mario World is an unlockable masterpiece in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. To unlock, one must play in the Yoshi's Island stage more than three times.
Does anyone else feel that a little too much time is spent describing the sequel? This article is about Super Mario World, not its sequel. SMW2 should be mentioned, as well as the date released in comparison to SMW and any other relevant details relating to its production as the original idea was introduced, but that's it. We can leave the story and gameplay to the actual SMW2 article. Redstar 22:19, 21 March 2009 (EDT)
- Describing the plot was too much, so I shortened the SMW2:YI exposition a little and made sure it's more SMW-centric. Good spotting. - Walkazo 23:58, 21 March 2009 (EDT)
 Super Mario Bros.
I think this game should be considered part of the Super Mario Bros. series because in Japan it's even called, Super Mario Bros. 4: Super Mario World. User:Lemmy Koopa Fan
 Manual Artwork
Just to tell everybody: I scanned the manual and cut out all official artwork from it. I will upload them within the next few days, it's a whole 80 images. - Cobold (talk · contribs) 19:39, 23 January 2010 (EST)
 Super Mario Bros. 2
Has anyone seen this little video on youtube? And also, do you think I could put it up in the Trivia section or something? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq7uMShgyb8&feature=related
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Ironnice (talk).
Uhm... it is a video about a remix. What exactly do you want to add to the trivia section about it?- Edofenrir(talk|'Shroom) 00:22, 7 March 2010 (EST)
- Nevermind, I was wrong. - Edofenrir(talk|'Shroom) 00:24, 7 March 2010 (EST)
 ? Ball
- Makes sense to me. "Certain levels" implies there's more than one level where it appears, which is wrong, and as it's only in a single one, there's no reason not to be specific about which one; it won't really make the section any longer or harder to read.--vellidragon 16:39, 29 November 2010 (UTC)
- No, I think they're different games entirely. And this game already has a sequel... Marioguy1 (Talk)
 NES Version
- no we've had this discussion before pirated games are unofficial and should not be included Goomba's Shoe15 (Talk)
I think that I have found the Special world prize for the remake. DooPliss42 15:38, 11 August 2011 (EDT) 15:36, 11 August 2011 (EDT)
 Story Section
Seems a bit of a fanfic masquerading as a story. I think that some parts would be better if placed into other sections describing the gameplay and world. Thoughts? Lunchbox 21:48, 6 January 2012 (EST)
 Sales Speak
I'm Paper Mario Kart and welcome to another Sales Speak! This game has 20.61 million for the original and for the GBA remake it has 5.46 as of 1/27/12.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Paper Mario Kart (talk).
I have a Japanese copy of Super Mario World which has some differences than the international copies.
Should've make a sub-page (Super Mario World/Regional Differences) for this if it doesn't exist?
- Make a proposal about it, rather than just creating a brand new type of subpage. If we have one such page, we should aim to have "Differences" pages for all the games (or as many as possible), so it's a pretty hefty project. Also, any page we make would need to be significantly different than This other website's page: the page that was created before (which the admins agreed needed to be deleted) was a blatant rip-off of TCRF's page, and plagiarism isn't acceptable at all. As well as reorganizing the content and rewriting everything from scratch (not just rephrasing their text), they need to be credited for all the images and have their page be placed in the External Links section, in order to be fair about who came up with the info. - Walkazo 18:26, 5 April 2012 (EDT)