Talk:SNES Koopa Beach 2
Move to 'SNES Koopa Troopa Beach 2'
|This talk page section contains an unresolved talk page proposal. Please try to help and resolve the issue by voting or leaving a comment.|
Current time: Friday, October 15, 2021, 17:46 GMT
So in this proposal for renaming two Bowser's Castle tracks based on Mario Kart Tour, the opposition argued that renaming would be inconsistent with this page not also using its more recent name from Mario Kart Tour. Now that that proposal has passed, this should be moved as well for consistency with that and to comply with the naming policy prioritizing the most recent name.
- Hewer (talk) Per proposal.
- Somethingone (talk) Per the last proposal and this proposal.
- WildWario (talk) Per all.
- Tails777 (talk) Despite previously opposing the idea, its passed now and if it's going to be applied to the other topics of discussion, then I will agree to it.
- HappyToad (talk) Per proposal.
I don't even think this needs a proposal. Shell Shocked was just moved to Tread Carefully with no discussion at all, presumably for the same naming policy reason. I feel this, as well as other similar cases, can just be moved. Tails777 Talk to me!
- Since the Bowser's Castle move needed a proposal and even had some opposition, and since (from my experience) proposals tend to get things done faster than normal discussions, I thought that I'd err on the side of caution and make a proposal for this as well. Hewer (talk · contributions · edit count) 15:39, October 7, 2021 (EDT)
So I was reading over the naming policy and I happen to notice that the page itself does not actually say we use the most recent name. It says we use the most commonly used English name, which as far as I'm concerned, does not mean we use the most recent name. It means we use the most common English name for the title, which technically means that, despite SNES Koopa Beach 2 being referred to as SNES Koopa Troopa Beach 2 in Tour, that's not the most commonly used English name. SNES Koopa Beach 2 has two games that use the former name and only one that uses the latter name, meaning that the most commonly used English name is still SNES Koopa Beach 2. Now I did read the policy the best I could, reading all the bullet points for the Naming an Article section and it's all possible I could be misinterpreting something or I could've missed some details, but I feel this is something that could be discussed either here or elsewhere because on a technical note, this would affect the aforementioned proposal renaming Bowser Castle 1, as well as Shell Shocked, as it also has two appearances under the name Shell Shocked and only one under Tread Carefully. Tails777 Talk to me!
- I checked the naming policy page, and there is technically a section for this, being MarioWiki:Naming#Name changes. WildWario (talk) 00:16, October 15, 2021 (EDT)
- You're taking the 'most commonly used English name' quote out of context. The sentence containing that quote then immediately clarifies that it's referring to regional name differences. MarioWiki:Naming#Name changes clearly states that recent names take priority over older names unless the newer name was a blatant error, which it is not in this case. Hewer (talk · contributions · edit count) 10:09, October 15, 2021 (EDT)