Talk:Pink Coin (Super Mario Maker)
Split into and 
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
The Pink Coins from this game obviously have different functions; Maker's are for collecting to obtain Keys, and Run's are collectibles that actually count toward 100%'ing the game. I say we split these into their respective game articles, and keep this page as a disambiguator.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per proposal.
- Andymii (talk) I don't think the developers were thinking of referencing Mario Maker when they put the Pink Coin in Super Mario Run. Per proposal.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) Per both, especially Andymii. Plus the fact that the pink, purple and black coins are collectively known as Challenge Coins, so of course they function differently than the other pink and purple coins.
- Green Mario (talk) The only real similarity between the pink coins in Super Mario Maker and Super Mario Run are that they're, well, pink coins. They don't even have the same emblem in the two games. Per proposal.
- Mario jc (talk) Per my comment here. The two are more drastically different from one another than the Purple Coins, and I agree on the high possibility that they never intended to reference Mario Maker's Pink Coin with Mario Run's.
- Quizmelon (talk) Per all.
- 296lmn20 (talk) Along with fellow users, I have noticed the difference in their image between each game, with regards in their functionality, as well. Per proposal.
- Luigi 64DD (talk) They function differently enough to have separate articles, unlike Purple Coin.
- Yoshi the Space Station Manager (talk) I am convinced that this is the right option. Pink Coins in Super Mario Maker are like Key Coins while the ones in Super Mario Run are like regular coins. Super Mario Run would be more ideal to hold any other pink coins, too. Per all.
- Mr Squid (talk) They are different in both games so they definitely should be seperate articles. The Super Mario Run version of this page will probably need more information if it's put onto a seperate page, however.
- Wildgoosespeeder (talk) I find this case to be similar to Green Star and Green Star (Super Mario 3D World). Should we split Coin where Super Mario 64-like collecting games are different from Super Mario Bros.-like collecting games? How about splitting because some games use it as currency? No split.
#Yoshi the Space Station Manager (talk) While typing my fourth comment on Talk:Purple Coin, I realized that to the general person (this includes number IPs) would want to search for pink coin. I don't think they should be taken to a page with two (or more) options. They should be taken to a page with both the information they want, and some other information they may not have looked at if it was on a separate page. And in the future when there are more than two games with different mechanics, pink coin should include all of those mechanics. (basically per Wildgoosespeeder)
I am not sure quite yet which I am going to take. But I have an question. Couldn't you wait until after the other proposal to be completed or at least more into it? Yoshi the SSM (talk) 00:00, 20 December 2016 (EST)
- We can always cross that bridge if we come to it. (T|C) 10:30, 21 December 2016 (EST)
- Why? 18:46, May 1, 2019 (EDT)
- What is Pink??? It is a key [-]€40 vv@(talk · edits) 19:52, May 1, 2019 (EDT)