Talk:List of Mario references in live-action television
In the Spongebob episode, does a Yoshi actually pop out, and do they really mention Yoshi in anyway? Because I hope people realize that some eggs do have spots on them! --Bentendo 19:36, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
Never noticed this article. They are not yoshi eggs, they never mention yoshi in any way. Im removing that balogna. Full Metal Moogle
I've never heard of Yoshi appearing in a Spongebob episode either. Maybe someone who has television experience can keep track of all the lies that might be added to this page?Knife (talk) 23:06, 21 March 2007 (EDT)
- That would take more than one person, because te are a few shows that are hardly or never seen in certain places. For example, America's Funniest Home Videos are rarely seen in Australia, and likewise Australia's Funniest Home Videos are rarely seen in America or Canada. SKmarioman
- 1 SHOULD I CENSOR A WORD IF IT'S PART OF THE TITLE? (sorry, my caps lock was on)
- 2 Animation VS. Television
- 3 New?
- 4 Jeopardy (Did I spell it right?)
- 5 Who want's to be a Millionaire?
- 6 Full House?
- 7 Roseanne
- 8 Remove Icarly
- 9 The Suite Life on Deck?
- 10 Jinnai Tomonori
- 11 Eurovision Song Contest?
- 12 At The Video Store
- 13 Italic in TOC
- 14 fiction vs non-fiction
- 15 It's on like Donkey Kong
- 16 Nightmare on Elm Street
- 17 There's Mario references in Sooty Shows?
- 18 Is there Mario references in Lazytown and The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss?
- 19 Who is the Vacuum Cleaner Champion of the Mushroom Kingdom?
- 20 The Painters Save The Princess
SHOULD I CENSOR A WORD IF IT'S PART OF THE TITLE? (sorry, my caps lock was on)
For one segment in Robot Chicken, they mention the MTV show Jackass, and one clip had a Mario/Donkey Kong reference. should i censor the word Jackass? i already listed the references. also should i pu it in the animation sightings section as well? Thanks in advance, Ninja_Lucario (just call me N_L or D_M (for Dracula_Marth, my toon zone account))
thanks. now, should i also put it in the animation section,or will someone else do that?
Animation VS. Television
There are several animated shows on this list, even though there's a seperate section for them. Should we remove them from the TV list? Dodo
Jeopardy (Did I spell it right?)
I just saw this Jeopardy qustion 5 seconds ago, "Playing games like Super Mario Brothers. This video game system was made 25 years ago." (QUSTION ENDS HERE) I don't know if I wrote the second half of the qustion right, But I know I wrote the 1st part right. Does that count as a sighting? --Nerdy Guy
Who want's to be a Millionaire?
I was watching Who want's to be a Millionaire? (old ver.).I saw this as the $16,000 question:
Which of these video game characters was know in 1981 as "Jumpman"?
Full House was around in about the late 80's-Early 90's, correct? So unless there was some modern remake, i doubt "Stephanie" would ask for Mario on GBA. Granted, it's probably GameBoy and I can see where they may have made an error. So unless someone can prove me otherwise, I'm changing it to Gameboy. -ToadTitan
An episode of the sitcom Roseanne had an episode called "The Back Story" that featured references to Super Mario World and the Super Nintendo throughout the episode, I think this should be included. ---BlueflamePRG
- I saw this as well, but since I come from another country, I wasn't sure if that was in all versions of the sitcom. As far as I recall you could even hear the intro music from Super Mario World while it is playing. If you think you can add it properly, then go ahead and do it :3 - Gabumon(talk) 04:16, 25 October 2009 (EDT)
Theres a reference of the Wii in Icarly but not Mario so shouldnt that be removed?Y0SHI3gg 21:36, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
The Suite Life on Deck?
- Thats probably just a coincidence.Y0SHI3gg 15:27, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
During one of Jinnai Tomonori's skits with Tetris, a mushroom appeared on his game. Then, Mario appeared, landed on the mushroom, grew huge, and then died. Skip to 3:30. I don't think this should be put here, but it won't fit on the other sections. --Reversinator 09:28, 4 March 2011 (EST)
- I also found one where Jinnai is doing a driving exam, and then Mario appears, makes him slip on a banana peel, then Jinnai gets the invincibility star. Skip to 3:30. --Reversinator 10:15, 4 March 2011 (EST)
You could probably just put it, I mean we have references from Robot Chicken for crying out loud...but, then again, you're the sysop...
Really...? Thought he was...my bad...well, in my defense, it's really hard to tell sometimes...
- I sometimes get mixed up about who are Sysops and who are Patrollers. That's why I love this thing: 'tis an all-in-one memory aid. - Walkazo 15:03, 4 March 2011 (EST)
Oh, yeah, that's right, I forgot about that! :D
Eurovision Song Contest?
At The Video Store
in the Two & a Half Men episode "Weekend in Bangkok With Two Olympic Gymnasts", Charlie takes Jake to the video store to rent the [then] new final fantasy game. in some scenes in the video store, one can see Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door & Mario Power Tennis for the Nintendo Gamecube in the background. (I saw the episode once or twice & the background was also blurred, so i don't know if there where any other Mario-related games)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Sonickirbyfanno7np10 (talk).
Italic in TOC
Am I the only one who sees every section in the table of contents written in italics? Even the references section, or the commercials sections. It is strange.
Banon (talk · edits) 09:29, 28 April 2013 (EDT)
- Nope; all the titles are in italics. KaBoom! 17:13, 28 April 2013 (EDT)
- Somewhere in the article, someone hasn't closed the '' italics in the headers.
fiction vs non-fiction
What about splitting this page in two sub-sections? I think references in fiction (such as fictional characters in a sitcom playing a Mario game) are totally different than references in non-fiction (such as Mario-related questions in quiz shows).--Kombatgod (talk) 03:44, 28 August 2013 (EDT)
It's on like Donkey Kong
This is a fairly common figure of speech (because of the rhyme) and therefore, I think all the uses of it on TV (e.g. Modern Family, Big Bang Theory) are need less and should be removed. J-Luigi (talk) 17:38, 10 December 2015 (EST)
Nightmare on Elm Street
There's Mario references in Sooty Shows?
Is there Mario references in Lazytown and The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss?
Who is the Vacuum Cleaner Champion of the Mushroom Kingdom?
While I was watching World's Dumbest Performers 14 on TruTV, one of the comedians was making fun of the subject in question, even bringing up the Mushroom Kingdom in response to the original video's raving person's name calling of the helicopter pilot. The title of the YouTube video I was watching was World's Dumbest Performers 14, and the countdown number was sixteen. If I am able to include the link, it is: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gtwpowmQzoc 296lmn20 22:11, 10 August 2018 (EDT)296lmn20
The Painters Save The Princess
So, in The Thundermans series finale, a villain called the Gamer made the family play a game very similar to a Mario game, in terms of character appearance. Can someone add this? I'm not comfortable doing it myself.18.104.22.168 EDIT: This did not go where I wanted it to go and I don't know how to fix it. Crud. Edit 2: Oh, someone put it where I wanted! And edited the page! Thank you.