Talk:List of Mario-related controversies
Inappropriate fan art
There is a issue. It really bothers me. So ya know fan-art right? Well, due to the female chararcters (Super Mario Strikers I suppose) having certain appearances, there is inappropriate fan-art. Get my boat? Kirby kart (talk)
- Rule 34 of the Internet: if it exists, there's inappropriate fan-art of it (and fanfiction, and everything else under the sun). It's not a Mario series specific thing, so there's no point going over it here. - Walkazo 22:03, 7 October 2014 (EDT)
Doing some research on Dr. Mario. Retrieved from Wikipedia: according to the Video Game Bible, there is a section that mentions that "Parental groups were upset with Nintendo at their choice of content, since many parents disagreed with the use of medicine in the game.", and it's apparently notable enough that Craig Harris of IGN mocked it. Can anyone find any more details regarding this, because it sounds like something noteworthy to be in this page? KaBoom! 18:34, 12 October 2014 (EDT)
Order the subsections of the "Lawsuits" section
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Even though there's a Lawsuits section, the subsections are randomly ordered, which makes no sense to me. I propose that we reorder them for better organization purposes.
- Stonehill (talk) I would go with this one, as Alphabetical doesn't seem to make sense.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Per Stonehill.
- Andymii (talk) Per proposal.
- Walkazo (talk) - Chronological paints a clearer picture of Mario through the years and could handle any situations where lawsuits build off each other. Plus, alphabetical order is dependent on the phrasing of the headers, which is up to the discretion of the editors.
- Binarystep (talk) Chronological makes a lot more sense for a list of events.
- Burningdragon25 (talk) The list will be nice when we put it in chronological order and with that, I'll go with everyone!
- Ghost Jam (talk) Per all, but I think the entire article could stand a clean up as well.
- Lumastar (talk) Per all.
Keep as is
To be honest, the entire page could stand a standard rewrite. -- Ghost Jam 13:47, 1 April 2015 (EDT)
Controversy regarding Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
Would it be relevant to make a mention to the song, Fishing Frenzy from Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, which is said by some to contain swear words? I don't know if it is controversial enough to be listed.
13:44, 1 August 2015 (EDT)
I just remembered something: you remember Vivian from Paper Mario? Well if I remember correctly, someone said that, in the japanese version, she's a man or something like that... I don't really know if it's true (since I don't understand japanese, I can't verify if it's true)... If it is, then can someone add it?
- I don't know if that's prevalent enough to add to this page, unlike Birdo where there was controversy surrounding her gender (a pointless one but I digress). It's a bit like adding Petey Piranha being female in French versions of the game or something. Ray Trace(T|C) 15:08, 25 August 2015 (EDT)
- It's probably not, because Vivian has appeared in one game, which is a spinoff; a popular spinoff, but a spinoff nevertheless. The references of transgenderism may have been removed, but the knowledge of Vivian is simply on a much smaller scope, so I don't think it's necessary to cover it. I could be wrong, though. KaBoom! 16:19, 25 August 2015 (EDT)
About the Copyright infringement of NSMBW
II'm kind of confused right now, on 2 site that I found both say that Burt has to pay 1.3 million AU dollars in damages and 100,000 more in legal fees. This makes it a total of 1.4 million AU dollars! I'll make the little change now. And here are the proofs: http://www.geek.com/games/nintendo-awarded-1-3-million-in-new-super-mario-bros-wii-piracy-lawsuit-1085261/ http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/nintendo-scores-1-3m-piracy-win-mario-leak-article-1.196688 Sarantis (talk) 15:03, 9 April 2016 (EDT)
I mean they stole Mario graphics and sound effects and it had to be removed from the App Store on iOS, so shouldn't that be there?