Talk:Conker the Squirrel
Should Conker and Banjo be considered characters who spun-off from Diddy Kong Racing, I think they're games were in production for as long as, or even before Diddy Kong Racing. Also I think the Diddy Kong Racing says that Banjo and Conker took time off from there own adventures to help Diddy in his (Atleast I think it does, could someone check just to make sure?) -- Sir Grodus
- The instruction manual states either what you said above or that they are preparing for their own solo adventures by participating in the adventure on Timber's Island (I'll check more on this later). Banjo and Conker can be considered spin-offs of Diddy Kong Racing (and thus a spin-off of the Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Country franchise), for it was there first appearance in a major game. I believe Rare was developing Conker and Banjo games during the development of Diddy Kong Racing, but their inclusion in Diddy Kong Racing was to give gamers familiarity with the two characters before they were integrated into their own franchises. It is similar to when Nintendo released Wario Land as Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land. Gamers familiar with Mario would purchase the game, become familiar with the new Wario franchise, then buy later titles in the Wario franchise. It's all very deceptive. =) -- Son of Suns
Diddy Kong Racing was released in 1997, while Banjo-Kazooie was released in 1998 and Conker's Pocket Tales was released in 1999.
From the instruction manual (page 24):
Banjo: Even before the start of his future partnership with Kazooie, Banjo isn't one to turn down the chance of an adventure. So when Squawks brings the message from his pal Diddy Kong, the Honey Bear stuffs a few things into his trusty backpack and takes to his heels.
Conker: Another friend made by Diddy Kong on one of his endless adventures with Donkey Kong, Conker is also an exploration nut who'll jump at any chance to break free of a squirrel's less than exciting daily routine. He's eager to join with Banjo as the bear passes through.
Interestingly, the story in the manual involves Diddy Kong writing two letters, one for Banjo and one for Conker, about the threat of Wizpig. Squawks delivers these letters to the two furry creatures, and Banjo and Conker meet up and journey to Timber's Island. That means that Diddy Kong (and Donkey Kong for that matter) has had relations with Banjo and Conker prior to the events of Diddy Kong Racing. Cool, huh? -- Son of Suns
Guess so, thanks for the info. -- Sir Grodus
Also, in Banjo Tooie, one of the questions Grunty asks you is, "What's Banjo's first appearance?" The answer is Diddy Kong Racing.;)Waluigi Freak 99 17:52, 22 October 2006 (EDT)
Shouldn't Conker now be in the DK Wiki, as his only Marioverse appearence was Diddy Kong Racing? 3dejong
- Conker and Banjo related articles should also be transferred to the DK wiki. -- Son of Suns
- Hold onto the Banjo and Conker articles – they'll be transferred to the wikis in hiding when it's time. In the DKWiki, create the Conker article and only mention that his only DKverse appearance is in Diddy Kong Racing. Wa TC@ 15:54, 6 November 2006 (EST)
I just rewrote this yesterday... -- Sir Grodus
The ending of Conker's Bad Fur Day was originally supposed to have Conker committing suicide by shooting himself in the end.
The current ending is: After beating the Panther King, Professor Von Kripelspac and Heinrich, Conker is crowned the new king of the Panther Kingdom. Despite being rich and powerful, Conker is miserable because his beloved Berri is dead. The ending opens for a sequel, Conker ends-up getting drunk again and wandering off into the night to parts unknown. -- Sir Grodus
- They originally planned for him to die, but decided against it, as it "didn't do much for a sequel", they said. This was ironic, because their planned sequel had Conker dying in the first scene, anyway.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Waluigi Freak 99 (talk).
- I forget who it was who wanted to have the first level of the sequel be an escape from hell, but I think it might have been the guy who voice acted Conker in that game. Anyway, that would be one doosy of a level! ...still, it opens the possibility of Berri coming back to life. Who knows, the XBox 360 is going to host Banjo-Kazooie 3, maybe we'll see it. Stumpers! 19:24, 20 June 2007 (EDT) (ps h*** was the word they used ;D)
- Please see MarioWiki:Importance Policy for the scope of what we cover. According to your logic, we would also have to cover Star Fox Adventures, since that was about a cross-over character on a Nintendo system. Stumpers! 15:49, 19 October 2008 (EDT)
Dude, Diddy Kong racing wasn't directly a Mario game if you think about it. I mean, Mario doesn't make any type of appearence in the game. Seeing how this page has nothing to do with Mario, it shouldn't be here, and most importantly, how do you request a page to be deleted?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by JohnRoberts (talk).
- Please see MarioWiki:Coverage. We provide full coverage of not only the Mario series, but the Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong games as well, and the latter of those includes Diddy Kong Racing. -- 1337star (Mailbox SP) 18:30, 29 October 2012 (EDT)
Is http://www.amazon.com/Conkers-Bad-Fur-Day-Nintendo-64/dp/B00004U1R2 that conker from the game? And this http://www.amazon.com/Conker-Live-Reloaded-Xbox/dp/B0006SST9U/ref=pd_cp_vg_2 I'm just wondering because I doubt someone form a M game would be on it. Goombob 15:10, 26 July 2013 (EDT)