Has anyone gotten a "Database Error" message on this page? I have a few times. --Mercury Mech 04:26, 20 November 2008 (EST)
yeah I have but that has no relavence to this talk page. Luigibros2
Actually you can disregard this; I thought it was just this one page, but it's happened recently on other pages and only when I'm not logged in. --Mercury Mech 00:25, 18 March 2009 (EDT)
Bundt and Raspberry
Bundt and Raspberry are the names of the cake's top and bottom layers respectively, as noted in their monster list descriptions. However, all non-battle-related information about the cake is in the Bundt's page, and this page is even written as though Bundt is the whole cake's name. Perhaps the two pages could be merged, treating Bundt and Raspberry as two targetable body parts of one cake boss, using either "Cake (Super Mario RPG)", or "Torte's cake" (from Raspberry's description saying it's "The bottom layer of Torte's cake.") as a title? Does this sound reasonable? Blinker (talk) 15:44, November 18, 2023 (EST)
- I'd rather the former since the latter doesn't appear in the original, if there's to be a merge. LinkTheLefty (talk) 19:57, November 18, 2023 (EST)
Decide how to cut the cake
|This talk page section contains an unresolved talk page proposal. Please try to help and resolve the issue by voting or leaving a comment.|
Current time: Friday, December 1, 2023, 23:44 GMT
Currently, this page treats "Bundt" as referring to the entire cake, which Raspberry is the bottom layer of. This is incorrect. As noted in the remake's Monster List, Bundt and Raspberry are the top and bottom layers of the cake, respectively. Neither is the entire cake, which is only ever referred to as "the cake" (or in one instance in the remake, "Torte's cake"). So, here are the options:
- Bundt and Raspberry are merged into a single page called
(or , as the case may be). The cake is treated as a single boss, with Bundt and Raspberry being two parts of it. I prefer this option.
- Bundt and Raspberry are treated as two bosses in one fight, in the same vein an Knife Guy and Grate Guy, while also recognizing that Bundt is only one part of the cake. However, since the Bundt page is no longer about the entire cake, this would require splitting story info between the two pages...
- Do nothing? Keep treating the "Bundt" name as though it refers to the whole cake, for the sake of convenience.
- Blinker (talk) I SAY we boil it!
- Arend (talk) Raspberry is basically the final phase of a boss while Bundt is the first two phases (appropriate since Bundt basically consists of two of the three layers of the cake); I'm honestly surprised that Raspberry still isn't merged to Bundt years ago. The biggest difference is that the layers have different names, but a boss battle having different parts with different names didn't make us suddenly decide to split Exor into Exor, Left Eye, Right Eye, and... Neosquid... (aka Mouth). Best to swallow the whole thing in one gulp.
- Jdtendo (talk) I would consider Raspberry as one part of the cake, in the same vein that Mouth (or "Neosquid") is one part of Exor.
- Okapii (talk) The only thing somewhat indicating these are two separate beings is the Monster List profile for Extra-Fancy Raspberry, but even then, they are definitely treated as phases of one fight rather than two distinct bosses.
- Mikan-chan (talk) I agree. I believe it would look better and would be much more comprehensive.
I already brought up Exor as a boss with attackable, differently named parts during his fight as a reason why we'd better merge Bundt and Raspberry, but I realized there's another boss that not only has that, but also has his battle split up in two phases where the gang has to attack a different part: that being King Calamari. In the first phase, you can only attack three of its tentacles, just like how you can only attack the top and middle layers in the first phase of the cake fight; in the second phase, you can attack King Calamari himself and two other tentacles, like how in the cake fight's second phase, you can attack the bottom layer. 12:57, November 28, 2023 (EST)