Talk:Bat (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
Merge Luigi's Mansion Bats
08:46, 5 July 2013 (EDT)
- From what I've seen the ones in Luigi's Mansion are ghosts, yet the ones in Dark Moon are alive (I think). Yoshi876 (talk)
- I need a proof--12:02, 11 July 2013 (EDT)
- I need a proof--
Its fine fixed --βʋmpɣɴin̪ɫen̪̍dθ
- Per what someone else said, you need to start a Talk Page Proposal before just moving things. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 11:52, 27 January 2014 (EST)
Merge Luigi's Mansion Bat with 
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Since no one managed to answer my question above, I purpose merging them.
- Megadardery (talk) Per my comment above.
- Randombob-omb4761 (talk) Per proposal.
- Coooool123 (talk) I have to disagree with the comments below. Despite their differences, it is stated that they can be defeated 'with the poltergust'. While there IS another method to defeat them, the strobe light, their weaknesses are still the same. Due to the fact that there was no strobe light in the first game, there's no way to prove if they're identical species. But that's just like saying the Goombas in Super Mario 3D world are different that the Goombas in Super Mario Brothers 3 because the former can be defeated with a Boomerang power up, while the latter cannot, simply because this power up doesn't exist. Now, should this proposal be considering merging bats with swoopers, then I'd have a harder time agreeing. But there's no denying that they're the same species: they deal the same amount of damage, and they come in the same colours in each game: purple and gold. If there are any minor differences, these can be made mention of in the page. Consider also the fact that Red and Green paratroopas are mentioned in the same article, and that difference is way more noticeable than this. I say go for it.
- Baby Luigi (talk) per all
- Lord Grammaticus (talk) Per all
- J-Yoshi64 (talk) Per Coooool
- Tails777 (talk) Personally Mario's comments pretty much sum it up, but I still think they're different enough to have their own pages. While the Dark Moon bats can be sucked up like the bats in Luigi's Mansion, the main way to defeat them is to hit em with the Strobulb.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Per Mario's comments and Tails.
There might be slight differences. The Bat from the first game is ghost-like while the one from Dark Moon is more animal-like. The ghost Bat disappears if it hits Luigi while the other bat can repeatedly hit him. Also, Dark Moon's bats are vulnerable to Strobulbs while the first one are vulnerable to elemental moves. It's given, though, that these two attacks are limited to the games they appear in. Does it warrant a merge or a split? I don't know. KaBoom! 21:27, 27 January 2014 (EST)
- These are minor differences, why should it have a separate page in the first place?--07:31, 2 February 2014 (EST)
- @Mario Maybe, if a "Gold Mice" were edited and moved to "Mouse".--14:33, 2 February 2014 (EST)
@Coooool123: Dude, just get to the point. The way you use "due to the fact", "the fact that", and something about swoopers being mentioned (even though they're not even considered at all) tells me you just padded out your vote. Ray Trace(T|C) 23:42, 5 February 2014 (EST)
@Coooool123: OK, your comparing 2 different colored Paratroopas who's main differences are their jumping patterns and color. This is comparing also comparing the living to the dead. The bats in LM are ghosts while the ones in LM:DM are alive. The ones in DM are also worth money while the ones in LM are not. LM:DM Bats have a special gold variety while the gold ones in LM are no different from normal ghost bats. I'm sure those are good enough examples to show there are enough differences to say they can stay split. Honestly, to cover this, the mice from the games should also stay split for the same reasons (even though they both have a gold variety, those to have their differences.) Tails777 (talk)
- Dang, Baby Luigi and the fox beat me to it. But they're right: concise is the name of the game on wikis. Lord Grammaticus (talk) 23:51, 5 February 2014 (EST)
Baby Luigi, here are Coooool123's points condensed:
- The distinction between bats from Luigi's Mansion and bats from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are based on their weaknesses. Although bats can be defeated with a Strobulb in Dark Moon, Strobulbs are absent in the first game. Thus, arguing that the two bats are different just from their weaknesses is too weak to keep the information together.
- There is little doubt the bats from Luigi's Mansion and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon are the same. Both deal 5 damage and appear in purple and gold. Minor differences can be mentioned.
- Red and green paratroopas share information in Koopa Paratroopa. Since these two have more differences between each other than the bats from Luigi's Mansion and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, the bats should be merged as well.
KaBoom! 02:13, 6 February 2014 (EST)
@Baby Luigi: I apologize for my lack of conciseness. I do have the tendency to ramble, and I thank you for your advice. Regarding the swoopers, I simply meant that if the proposal was considering to merge the bats and the swoopers, because they are two DEFINITE separate species, then it wouldn't pass. But these are more or less the same creature.
@Tails777: The differences between the paratroopas are much more evident than that of these bats, and yet they're the same. Even in games, such as Mario Super Sluggers, you can play as either Green or Red Koopa Paratroopa, making these characters much more worthy of a split.
- Okay, then. :) KaBoom! 13:44, 6 February 2014 (EST)
- Also, quick question. Just in the final point you condensed for me (XD) did you mean 'should' or 'shouldn't' be split as well? Just want to confirm. Coooool123 (talk)