- The name is from the response of an E-Mail I wrote to Nintendo of America some time ago. Here's a link. - Gabumon(talk) 00:24, 20 October 2009 (EDT)
Was that capitalized? Or is it a case like red beastie (Futamogu), lazy blue creature (Cactus Slime), pincer enemy (Omodonmeka), and pouncing pincer (also Omodonmeka), where it's lowercase and generic? Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 19:16, 12 October 2017 (EDT)
- From Nintendo Power Volume 106:
- "Some new enemies like Pogo Guy show up in the castle to give Wario a warm welcome. Expect lots of jumps and breakthroughs. You’ll also meet ghosts for the first time. To recover from being Zombie Wario, step into the shafts of light." - pg. 69, next to 5.2 STORM THE CASTLE
- "After stomping Pogo Guy, carry him up to the middle ledge, then have him bounce you to the top where you can get the coins." - pg. 71, under REACHING THE HEIGHTS (continued from 5.4 FIND THE HIDDEN DOOR on pg. 70)
- The latter is in a text box that specifically points to this enemy in the room with several 10 Gold Coins above the breakable blocks. It's true that it obviously wields a hammer rather than a pogo stick, but it turns Wario into Bouncy Wario, so the name still works out that way. As a side note, there is something else that corroborates with one of the names in the e-mail response. However...
- "Keep stomping on Spear Guy’s head or drop on him from above. Wario has nothing to fear." - pg. 67, under NOTHING TO SPEAR (continued from 3.2 DEFEAT THE GIANT SPEAR MAN on pg. 66)