MarioWiki:Pipe Plaza Talk Archive 1
Uh, what do you mean by that? Beta, that is? 3D
Things that were once going to be in the game but were cut off. Like umm...in Super Mario Sunshine there was going to be a level with lava everywhere and a volcano (like Corona Mountain but this level took place outside of a volcano). In Banjo-Kazooie there was going to be a level called Mt. Fire Eyes that got cut-off. And...the list goes on. Paper Jorge
- I gotta say while this is canon, a ton of conjectural titles would result from these articles, and some will be incomplete. Solution: Make one whole page with a list of levels, characters, enemies, items, etc. that were cut off with a brief description of each. Wa TC@ 20:01, 3 December 2006 (EST)
- I must point out that beta elements are not canon. They were removed from the game and thus have no official standing in the Marioverse. However, beta elements are interesting and are a completely valid topic in the Marioverse. They're just non-canon elements. -- Son of Suns
Lava as a page
Should we make an article on lava? It's in dozens of other pages and is involved in various traps and puzzels in the games.
- Yoshi Master
- Didn't think so. Regardless, a lava article would have to be strenuously extensive and well-researched. A water article would be much shorter in length and more general.HK-47 w4z h3R3 at 17:35, 15 November 2006 (EST)
- Yeah, lava should have a page. But we'd have to add what lava does in each game and do some research, research! 3dejong
- You mean a large vocabulary, so as not to get redundant? Yeah, I get it. 3dejong
Should we make articles for the differnt kinds of goo in Super Mario Sunshine? Or at least one article for all of them?
- Yoshi Master
Sounds good! 3dejong
My Bad. Okay so there's the orange and yellow goop on the airstrip and shot from
the Rockey Wrench in Noki Bay
the black tar stuff on the Blue Coin shack
the yellow force feilds
the pink transparent goo on Noki Bay's water
the grey transparent goo on Bianco Hill's lake
the rainbow warp portal goo
the green slime in Bowser's bath
the electric goo from the Manta
the red paint from Bowser Jr
the fire goo from the Chomps
Petey Piranha's brown sludge
and Gooper Bloopers ink
Did I miss anything? Do you think the stuff in Mt Corona is really lava? And what's the pages name?
- Yoshi Master
I think Goo will be a good title and we'll make redirects from all goo types. You were really helpful. – Spike
- I think Goop would be better, as it isn't really a goo. Gooper Blooper? Wayoshi TC@ 22:21, 25 October 2006 (EDT)
- Goo could still be a redirect, though. Of course, we'll have to refer to it as Goop in the article itself. Monty Mole (Talk·Contribs) 18:22, 26 October 2006 (EDT)
WHAT, pray tell, is this goop? I found it on a site and they call it "butterfat". Pic here! 3dejong
- It's the special, near-indestructible Goop that only Yoshi's juice can destroy. I don't think it has a name. It's just really strong Goop! -- Son of Suns
- What would be a good name? 3dejong
- Well, it's already in the Goop article as "yellow force field". There's no much else to say about it. -- Son of Suns
When uploading pics can you make sure they're not stretched out/really bad quality/obviously stolen from The Mushroom Kingdom site? It doesn't take much to fix something, even if you only have MS paint. Lets try to look professional here people.
- Yoshi Master
Should we add pages for bonus games, like Stump Petuni and the thwomp quiz from Paper Mario 2? We would also have to add the lives earning thing at the end of each level in SMB2 and SML, the Toad House card games in SMB3, the Wario Land enemy bombing, ect.
- Yoshi Master
- Those articles are legit, especially if they are named. The Toad House games should probably be listed in the Toad House article, as they are not given specific names (to my knowledge). The others should have conjectural names if they are not associated with a specific place. -- Son of Suns
Just a thought...
In SMRPG, with PTemplate:Sychopath, Mallow can read minds, revealing a "thought". The thoughts of an enemy should be added to its page. I have the thoughts for quite a few enemies, so when have the time I may upload a few. Could this be made into a project?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 3dejong (talk). Start signing your comments, please. Wayoshi (talk)'
- A whole PipeProject on the text revealed in one move, on every enemy? I think another SMRPG-related issue can be combined into this idea for a full PipeProject. Wayoshi ( T·C·@ ) 22:47, 9 October 2006 (EDT)
Sweet! When can we start? Sorry about the unsigned comment, I forgot. :-/ 3dejong
Funny Captions in Images
I've noticed several images with captions that are "jokes". For example, the Charlieton article has an image caption that reads, "Needs a shave?" If such quips were added to the article itself, it would be deleted as vandalism.
So, should these captions be allowed, or reversed to more serious ones?Waluigi Freak 99 18:39, 13 October 2006 (EDT)
Yes they should be allowed because the image is the only place to add humor on the Wiki. Although I have no authority over this matter you should ask Steve.-Spike
- Yoshi Mastar (talk) has added almost all of those "funny" captions. You may want to ask for his reasons as well, but I think it's a good idea if the only other possible caption is boring. Wayoshi ( T·C·@ ) 21:25, 13 October 2006 (EDT)
The captions should be serious and give a very brief description of the image. I'm thinking the jokes thing is pretty lame and somehow takes away from our credibility as this hardcore Mario knowledge base. The site should be very similar to Wikipedia in its seriousness. --Steve (talk) 22:16, 13 October 2006 (EDT)
I kinda like the little quips, but some, like the first Tweester caption, (how the Tweester "sucks") went a little too far. We do want to give a good impression, don't we? 3dejong
I agree with Steve. The wiki is supposed to be informative and the picture captions should be informative as well. -- Son of Suns
Yea they should be serious, but don't write exactly what's in the pic so much that it's redundant. Also we should probably include the game the pics from.
- Yoshi Master
- You know these new captions are exactly what's in the pic. We might as well have no captions. Superchao 18:53, 14 October 2006 (EDT)
- How so? In the Super Mario Wiki, when we write our articles and captions, we assume that the reader knows nothing about them. Someone who's never seen Waluigi before will be curious about who that tall, distorted, purple guy is. We want serious captions here, not corny jokes.Waluigi Freak 99 17:54, 17 October 2006 (EDT)
- Captions should be informative, yet not redundant. A reference to a fact or trivia should be added, not "A crumbling Stone Chomp" or "A face only a mother... wait, nobody could love this face" (from Stone Chomp. The first quote is too obvious while the second one goes a little too far. I suggest a medium, as Monty Mole suggested, to find a balance between the two. Maybe something like "Just like Gargoyle Statues, they live to protect" or "Also called Rock Chomps". That is the kind of information that should be added. As for stating what game the image is from or an obvious description about the appearance, those are already stated in the article or are found in the file description. If any users don't know what captions to add, then they shouldn't add any at all and other users will write a caption for it. My point is not to make it too obvious, yet write something informative. Oh yes, any speculations about looks should be added too. – Spike
For example, I tried to make the K. Lumsy caption interesting as it points out the ironies of his personality and his physical appearance. It's informative but also an interesting observation. This is what we are striving for, right? -- Son of Suns
We should have a big artical on fan games!!!JosephK19 02:53, 21 October 2006 (EDT)
I just noticed that the only uncategorized page is the Main Page! Wow! We have some pretty good site maintainers!! 3dejong
Yeah, Jorge, GREAT work on all those pages! Bet you have done the most! And Sir Grodus!3DeJong
Banjo and Conker
Let's do a little (or a LOT) more work on some other things we have to do, like... Super Mario Land 2! Or Wario Ware! 3dejong
- Just as you said on the forum, SoS, those series are of tertiary importance. Wa TC@ 15:36, 30 October 2006 (EST)
- So....are we going to have an official policy on uploading Banjo and Conker articles, or are we just gonna let new articles be created at will? Paper Jorge has been going to work recently.....should we allow his efforts to continue? -- Son of Suns
- I think it's a good idea, as long as we don't make super-long, ultra-detailed pages, like making a biography for Banjo, adding Camoes for him, etc., etc. But as long as the articles for EMCs (Extended Marioverse Characters) just give a good description (maybe have a link to learn more?) and don't get super super big, I think it's cool! 3dejong
- Articles should still be complete though, and if someone wants to write a really long Banjo or Conker article, the more power to them. Thus we need to decide, should we allow Banjo and Conker submissions (that can be completed to the fullest) or should we not (for the time being)? -- Son of Suns
Mario and Luigi Images
A lot of the images we have for the Mario and Luigi games are altered sprites from some website. The problem with these images is that they show non-canon information (i.e. Hoohooros shooting Bowser with a laser beam). I think we should remove these images from our wiki and replace them with our own, canonical pics. -- Son of Suns
Frog Mario comment
Big Eight Article
This doesn't have to be done, but I am requesting that a Big Eight article be created. The article could breifly desrcibe what Big Eight status means, who the Big Eight are, and what games they have appeared in (especially what games they appeared in together). The article would help people un-familiar with the Marioverse understand the fan-created term "Big Eight". -- Son of Suns
Done. Still needs more info. thought (the article). Could someone add more info? If not I'll do it. Fix the template as well. Paper Jorge ( Need to tell me something? Go to my talk page.·Contributions·) 15:43, 16 November 2006 (EST)
Is there really gonna be a Wario Wiki? If there is, perhaps we could start tagging articles we come across with a template stating that the article should be moved when possible. A category could keep track of all the articles, and when the Wario Wiki is established, we'll have a head start. This template should only be used for Wario-specific articles that need to be moved and will be deleted from this wiki afterwards. The Wario Wiki could be a long ways off, but that doesn't mean we can't get prepared if it's sure thing. If it's not a done deal though, please disregard this message. (Of course, I would like to see the DK Wiki attract some more attention before we move on to a Wario Wiki. Oh, and is this supposed to be on the Main talk page now that the Pipe Plaza is on hiatus?) -- Son of Suns