MarioWiki:Main Page Talk Archive 16
Welcome to the Main Page Talk. This is where technical issues go. For all general questions, please visit the FAQ.
- 1 Related Links?
- 2 Question
- 3 Recently Template
- 4 FA Banner
- 5 Smash Bros. Article separations
- 6 Super Smash Bros Brawl Forum
- 7 No #darkmyst?
- 8 MPA Icons
- 9 MPA Progress
- 10 Rating Images
- 11 Improvement Drive
- 12 Talk archive
- 13 Table Trouble
- 14 DK Portal
- 15 Template:Undead
- 16 No more Stub Deletions?
- 17 Video Bust
- 18 FYI
- 19 SSBB talk page
- 20 This image needs to be used somewhere...
- Definitely. Alternatively, somethings can just be linked back to Wikipedia. -- Chris 04:13, 14 September 2007 (EDT)
It's ok in events that we have more than on FA put onto FA status at the same time, instead of choosing one and shunning the other for a week, that we use the choose extension so all get the limelight? 02:52, 15 September 2007 (EDT)
- They are all FAs. One is just spotlighted every week. Just beacause K. Rool is on the main page does not mean Goomba and Yoshi are not FAs. They are listed on the FA page and in the FA category. They are all FAs. -- Son of Suns
The FA banner has been up since FA has been around and i made a new banner. here it is, now before i upload this, i want your opinion if this should go or the old shall stay:
Yes, I added Waluigi ......
Smash Bros. Article separations
i have noticed the Smash Bros. Info in articles such as Mario, Yoshi, and Wario are very crammed in there along with their trophy info. I was wondering if we could mabey do separate pages for SSB Mario character info. Like call for example this article title: "Wario (SSB)" , which would be strictly Super Smash Bros. related to Wario. -- WarioLoaf (talk) 22:00, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
- And, you got this idea from SmashWiki, didn't you? My Bloody Valentine
The information does not have to be smashed (forgive me) together. We have sections for stats and in-game information in these articles - trophy info can be moved to this stats section, instead of being in the Super Smash Bros. section. That is perfectly acceptable. -- Son of Suns
Super Smash Bros Brawl Forum
I've just been informed from Darkmyst op komies that all users with a host mask of !WikiGuest@ (thus all users using Special:Chat here) are blocked from #darkmyst, because we as a group caused too much trouble (*coughPlumber+Saudycough*). Whether Snack (talk) knew this or not, I dunno, but he had to be server killed today for going in there, as the guys in #darkmyst hate our guts now (great........), and now he has been brought down with Uniju for two weeks (if he tries to evade, it's longer...).
I've never heard of this development, maybe I missed something. If it's new to you, then just don't go to #darkmyst, no one talks there anyway. If it's old...keep avoiding it, I guess...feels great to be hated, eh? Wa TC@ 18:22, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- Well, this is just ducky. So we can't use our chat? 3D, BAD BAD PLUMBER *spank*
Attention: Just to let everyone know, I have recently uploaded images of the Mario Party Advance Map icons. If anyone would like to use them to help out the articles for the Shroom City page before I do, please do. Thank you. Mr.Benio
Well, I might, but I may have to do some important college work. I was hoping that you guys might take advantage of these images too. After all, the articles for the Shroom City Page is quite due for a fixer-upper. Mr.Benio
Well, that's 16 articles made/renewed. Are you guys sure you don't want to help me out on this? Because I'm going to take a nice break now.
- Ah; I used to work on the Mario Party Advance articles... Until I was too busy, maybe I could take the job for now... RAP... RAPstar's taking it, I bet it's the taker of taking it!
I was thinking of a more effective way to list the ratings of a game on the game articles, and I was thinking. Should we use the official Rating Images used on so many boxarts? You know, such as the green box with "G" in it, and the yellow box with "PG" in it. My Bloody Valentine
- Don't we already do that? We use the official "E", "T" and "M" ratings. We can add more official ratings for other regions though. -- Son of Suns
- Whoops! I meant just "M" (and have changed it). Although no Mario game has a "M"ature rating, it is another rating example. -- Son of Suns
- We don't need to use the images - just the words and letters so we can save space and list multiple ratings. -- Son of Suns
- As I recall, we used the rating images in the first place because we thought it would look cool to have them in the info boxes. And, honestly, it did. -- Chris 22:03, 13 October 2007 (EDT)
Should we put the Son of Sunson the main sidebar navigation? --
That would mean it would be a much easier access. Twink approves. ^_^
- Sounds good. My Bloody Valentine
Could I make a template for my talk archives?toadbert
- Use a sub-page of your user page and include it like signatures. Wa TC@ 18:40, 10 October 2007 (EDT)
I have a little problem. The Gaming Acheivements section in my homepage has been getting a little long, and I have been wanting to make a table out of them. One part being games I copleted, one part finished games, and the third being for other acheivments. I looked at how it's done on the help section, and saw the table in the Shroom City article as an example, but it just looks too complicated for me. Do you have any advice?
- KABLOOIE! -- Chris 15:58, 14 October 2007 (EDT)
- Anyone? - Cobold (talk · contribs) 12:16, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
No more Stub Deletions?
- This is the kind of stuff that should have been brought up in said proposal. >_> -- Chris 23:38, 15 October 2007 (EDT)
Are you guys going to get rid of those videos then?
- Prolly, especially if they aren't helpful to the article or are of low quality. If someone wants to watch videos, they can easily type the article's name into YouTube or GoogleVideo or whatever. -- Son of Suns
- Would you be so kind as to help us remove them, in that case? My Bloody Valentine
There! Thy're gone. Happy, DP?
...Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. Now everyone who looks here will have to leave the Wiki to wade through the web in the hopes of finding videos again. *tear* (we can't even link them?) Stumpers! 11:13, 4 November 2007 (EST)
- The videos actually helped me in finding more images for the Doopliss article... - Cobold (talk · contribs) 12:08, 4 November 2007 (EST)
Check this article out:  Apparently Nintendo will be releasing a special Game Card for the DS that will allow for downloadable content, such as GameBoy games, previously unplayable on the system. Normally, I would pass this source as unworthy or misinformed, but IGN.com freatured the same article on their site (they focused on the Animal Crossing bit), so I think we can trust it. Yeah, it doesn't really have any significance to Mario yet, but I thought you all should know. Stumpers! 23:47, 24 October 2007 (EDT)
- Sounds interesting. Good job on getting this news here. However, like you said, we should wait for Mario content to make it on that game card first. ;) My Bloody Valentine
- This is awesome news. The GameBoy is number two on my list of favorite systems. -- Chris 01:30, 25 October 2007 (EDT)
SSBB talk page
- That's something that should be talked about on the said Talk Page. My Bloody Valentine
This image needs to be used somewhere...
Okay, I just found this image on GameFAQs, and I think it should be used. User:Klaus Kratchet
- This isn't a very canon image. Bullet Bills, for example, are quite smaller than that in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Also, which article would you put it in? - Cobold (talk · contribs) 17:55, 30 October 2007 (EDT)
- This image was published before SSBB, which really has questionable canon itself! ;) Besides, Bullet Bills have varied in size forever, and I do believe that having them be about half of Mario's size is acurate, particularly in Super Mario Bros. and Mario Party. Plus, has anyone seen these artworks before? I think it may be official. Stumpers! 22:03, 30 October 2007 (EDT)