MarioWiki:Featured articles/N/New Super Mario Bros. U
- Bowser201 (talk) After having a lot of detail being put in from both me and other users, and with fixed sections like Controls, Ports, and Story. I think that after 8 years, this will kick off May or June.
- Memelord2020 (talk) YES!!!!!!
- Maxbrick (talk) Yeah I think it should be a featured article.
- Bye Guy (talk) The article definitely has a lot of polish, but it can't be featured until every single character, enemy and object has a description. (Mario, Luigi and the playable Toads could be an exception since they all play and act identically in this game.)
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per Bye Guy.
- Scrooge200 (talk) I'd be glad to support this if you expand the article with more descriptions, instead of just plain lists.
- TheDarkStar (talk) - per bye guy
- Duckfan77 (talk) Per all.
- Baby Luigi (talk) The intro needs some work, if you want a good example on how the intro should be written, take a look at Yoshi's New Island: the intro for that article goes over new key mechanics rather than just listing them, and the intro goes over all of the release dates, which is unnecessary (that's what the infobox is for). Bye Guy is also right that we could use a small overview of each enemy: one of the frustrations I had on going in wikis is that often times, I don't know the name of the enemy, so when the enemies is just a name, I only have a vague indicator of what they may look like just from the name alone and find out that this enemy is not the enemy I'm looking for: a general overview solves that problem.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) The article could still use some work, per Bye Guy and Baby Luigi.
- Chris Helper (talk) While I will admit that the article looks solid, it does still need polish in some aspects, such as enemies, items, and the worlds.
- Waluigi Time (talk) There's way too much info missing for this to be featured. If I were just some random person who'd never touched a Mario game before, I wouldn't know what most of the things in this game even do without looking at dozens of other articles. The power-ups and items, Yoshis, boss fights, and returning enemies are all left unexplained, and most of them aren't even pictured, so if you don't know what something is called you're out of luck. There's also the horribly misleading ports section, which I assume was added by someone who doesn't know what a port actually is. New Super Luigi U isn't a port, it's DLC for the base game, and NSMBU + NSLU is just the original game packaged with the DLC automatically included. The only actual port is Deluxe.
- PinkYoshiFan (talk) Per all, especially Baby Luigi and Waluigi Time.
- Mario Sakuraba (talk) I may have never been involved with featuring articles before, but nominating this to be your favorite just because it's one of your favorite games is not a good reason. By that logic, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team should be featured for being my favorite Mario game from the last decade. I think I told you with the Koopaling artwork thing that personal bias or faviroutism does not work out around here.
Removal of opposes
- I am starting the process of adding infoboxes to enemies and bosses. Thank you for being patient. We will get this featured in no time! Octoling Rendezvous 07:34, May 18, 2020 (EDT)
MarioWiki:Featured articles states "Any vote that contains simply a fan vote such as "Mario is my favorite character, he should stay featured!" will be removed on sight.", so should the second and third support votes be removed for not having a clear reason? PinkYoshiFan 10:09, May 22, 2020 (EDT)