This is a Featured Article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
Is Fawful really a Toady ? In the other evrsions of the game, it's never said. Fawful don't really looks like a Toady and so this is most likely an error of the translators. Shouldn't we delete this or most likely adding it to the trivia ? Koopalmier 13:51, 29 January 2009 (EST)
Regarding the origin of Fawfuls name: Is it not likely that the name itself is a portmaneau of 'Guffaw' and 'Awful', as opposed to just being based solely on the word 'awful'? Given the fact that the majority of locations and denizens of the BeanBean Kingdom follow suit (including Cackletta), I'd say the connection to 'Guffaw' was more than likely intended.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gerageragera (talk).
As to the question at the top Fawful is indeed a toady it clearly states in the info box he is a species of beanish toady so yes he is a toady. --Count b 20:07, 13 February 2009 (EST)Count b
- Well, the species info was based on one quote from Superstar Saga, in which Fawful says "Which means that all this time, I am Fawful, who is just a toady! Such working, all for others!" Given the nature of this quote (and the whole speech, which was a roundabout way for Fawful to express that he'd accomplished a lot for an underling) and the lack of capitalization on "toady," I personally think the script-writer(s) intended for us to interpret the word as a synonym for sycophant rather than a proper species name. Considering the similarities Fawful shares with the Toady species (they're both short, cloaked creatures with head-mounted flight devices), though, it might be speculative to take one side in-article, although I do think we should at least note that Fawful's species is debatable. YellowYoshi398
- Actually, toady is never capitalized in the narration of Yoshi's Island either (or at least not in the Super Mario Advance 3 version). But I do agree that Fawful is more like a Bean than a Toady, and that the many similarities should still be noted. - Walkazo 21:36, 13 February 2009 (EST)
This is unrelated but souldnt Fawful be a major antagonist now that he is a main boss --Dark boo 22:41, 20 February 2009 (EST)Dark boo
Ha, oh, I should have checked this page before making my edit. Oh well, guess I'll just defend myself now. I removed the toady bit from Fawful's species box, as we don't know for sure. Unless we know, it shouldn't be purported as fact. Additionally, the quote cited really does lean more towards the traditional meaning of the word, so it hardly supports what was being claimed. That said, since I don't know that he isn't a Toady, I left the section near the bottom of the article. It's presented as a possibility and notes that we don't know. I think this is important and the best way to present the information. ~ Joshi 03:27, 24 April 2009 (EDT)
My dictionary says that a toady is a person who does distasteful or unprincipled things in order to gain favor. So the toady part she be gone.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Fawfulfury65 (talk). He is a toadie for sure YoshiMonsta (Talk)
In order not to immediately have this deleted, I will post here before editing. I somewhat disagree with the inclusion of the "physically weak" sentence under "Powers and Abilities". This is uneeded as Fawful basically pretended when Peasley struck him, and what "killed" Fawful was the falling out of the top of a castle elevated 4,000 meters off the ground. Without his mecha in battle, he had relatively high HP. Maybe this was too much to write for one sentence. 0_0 Para Yoshi Wahoo! 22:00, 2 March 2009 (EST)
- Well, there's the scene in MLRPG3 where he practically collapses while carrying Peach, but then, so would I. - 2257(Talk) 22:12, 2 March 2009 (EST)
Fawful has high HP but not too much defence or power. In the first M&LSS battle he has 30HP, (highest so far) but has 0 defence and attacks that range from 1 damage to 2 damage. In his last battle in M&LSS he has 400 HP, but attacks that only do 50 to 100 max. In M&L RPG 3!!! He has 1,500 HP, but has weak attacks, and in the final battle his body parts have at least 100 HP each. That's 700 HP. I suppose you could say he can take a lot (e.g., falling 4,000 meters) but is relatively weak when it comes to power, which is why he is always aided by machines. Hyper Guy (Talk)
Gritzy Desert comment
He mentions in PiT that you should go up to the top of the castle before going to Gritzy Desert. Does this actually get you anything or is it just a cutscene?
The preceding unsigned comment was added by SkyPrower (talk).
Could someone put a photo gallery in this article? I think Fawful has been in enough games to have a bunch of pictures and I'm trying to someday make this a featured article.--Fawfulfury65 16:51, 1 July 2009 (EDT)fawfulfury65
- Actually, there really hasn't been enough official artworks of Fawful released to justify making a gallery. Our hands are tied on this one, sorry. - Walkazo 17:34, 1 July 2009 (EDT)
I think he does.--fawfulfury65 15:21, 8 July 2009 (EDT)fawfulfury65
Correct, I translated it. Kaleb12 21:07, 19 January 2010 (EST)
Couldn't we put up a better quote for Fawful at the beginning of the page? I mean, why not one of his food metaphors or something that will describe Fawful's personality more? fawfulfury65
-Response by The Commodore
Well, by all means, I put his mustard monologue in the quote section, and he's way more well known for his rants of mustard.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Commodore Pierrot (talk).
Just about any character or thing that is in a group/organization with Fawful would be an affiliation, so go ahead, add it!(: fawfulfury65
Nothing to do with M&L 3
Say... For some reason I can remember the final boss theme (it was either the Bowletta one or the final) playing in the Japanese version of Superstar Saga in the Fawful fight? Or am I just imagining things? Somebody check for me! (I don't have my Japanese version anymore) Hyper Guy Mah Boi, let's talk!
- This music is nowhere to be found in the JAP ROM files of Mario & Luigi RPG thus I suppose you're imagining things. Koopalmier 18:15, 29 October 2009 (EDT)
In the european game of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Fawful's name it's Esbirro Jijí, However in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story he's called Fawful and in America he always was Fawful.--MATEOELBACAN 18:49, 24 September 2009 (EDT)
Couldn't we make a section called "appearances of Fawful" in the article because Fawful is wearing something different in every game and then we could also merge the Dark Fawful Bug article into this one? (The dark Fawful Bug article has been requested to be merged into the Fawful one).Fawfulfury65 (Talk)
That would be a good idea, considering how he always is different in every game. - User:Shadow34
Yes, and dark fawful should be merged into the section too.User:Mr bones
- Um... actually. I posted that comment a long time ago, and now Dark Fawful has his own article so.... Fawfulfury65
But the Dark Fawful article says that Dark Fawful is the stronger form of Fawful.So Dark Fawful is Fawful upguarded.Which makes Dark Fawful one of Fawful's appearences!I mean, Midbus and Blizzard midbus are in the same article.Count Bonsula I need blood...
- I see what you're trying to say, but the byte size of the page will jump at least another 10000 bytes I'm sure which will cause major lag to some users and it will take longer for the page to load. Also, isn't Giga Bowser the stronger form of Bowser and isn't Fire Mario a stronger form of Mario?--FREAK ~Game Freak~ OUT!
Does Fawful Nessacearily "Die" In M&L 3?
Okay, I know it mentions Fawful having a "death scene" in M&L 3 but I finished the game just recently and I'm not totally sure that he "dies" because while he makes Mario and co. practicaly fly out of Bowser's body, we don't really know what happens to Fawful. For all we know he could still be wandering aimlessly inside Bowser's body (until he discovers the pipe yard or they make a M&L 4 anyway ;).)
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gamergirl550 (talk).
- Bowser dies all the time, and he's still here. Allons-y!
- We don't think that he does die. Bowser's deaths weren't necessarily permanent in the past Super Mario Bros. games. So yeah...me and my sis still think that Fawful isn't dead. --Super Wilkins Sisters 20:17, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- Probably, unless someone is willing to go through and fix the errors. Its probably pretty simple, although I'm very bad at fixing tense errors, so I can't really do much. Fawfulfury65
I'll start on any errors right now. I'll go paragraph by paragraph, and fix anything else... If you want me to fix up some other pages or anything else feel free to spam my talk with requests. :3 GamingGal9 (Talk)
It is a possibility that Fawful could have lived. Since his Vacuum Helmet is so high tech then maybe he could have a machine that exploded and caused Him, and everybody else to be sent out to , though he might not have landed on the roof of princess Peach's castle, unlike Mario and Co. User:Wariowab