From the Super Mario Wiki
World 1 is the first world in the game Super Mario Bros., located in the Mushroom Kingdom. It is set on a grassland with many bushes, hills and trees inhabited mainly by Goombas and Koopa Troopas.
Super Mario Bros.
The Warp Zone in World 1-2
On a platform in World 1-3
Battling the False Bowser in World 1-4
Rescuing the Mushroom Retainer in World 1-4
- A license plate in the Mario Kart: Double Dash!! course Mushroom City has "W 1-1" written on it. This is a reference to World 1-1. Some players have been confused that this is supposed to say 'Wii', despite that the Wii was released three years later. The same license plate has been spotted on Moonview Highway.
- Several sections of Lineland Road in Super Paper Mario are modeled after those of World 1-1. Also in Super Paper Mario, in Chapter 3-1 there's an underground section almost identical to World 1-2, but the Warp Zone leads to other parts of the area, not other worlds.
- World 1-1 and World 1-2 have been ported to the Super Smash Bros. Brawl stage, Mushroomy Kingdom. These levels have been recreated to make them look old and barren since Super Mario Bros. launched in 1985 and Brawl in 2008.
- When playing as Bowser in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Bowser enters Worlds 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3.
- All levels in this world were released as card levels for World-e in Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3. However, only World 1-1 was released outside of Japan.