From the Super Mario Wiki
(Redirected from Trash Can
Bins, also known as Garbage Cans or Trash Cans, are seemingly inanimate objects found in Donkey Kong and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. Mario can stand on them to reach higher areas, but he can also pick them up and throw them to defeat common enemies like Bowbows. Some enemies like Faiachūs cannot be defeated by bins, however. Once a bin hits an enemy, it falls off-screen.
Bin enemy in Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Certain bins are actually alive; once Mario tries to pick these types of bins up, they rumble, grow feet, and reveal eyes from under the lid. They then wander around aimlessly and can kill Mario if they run over him. Mario can safely stand on top of them, but they cannot be lifted normally in their debut appearance. This variation first appears in Big-City and Mario Toy Company, after their harmless counterparts are introduced.
Names in other languages
- In Japanese supplemental materials[which ones?] of Donkey Kong and Mario vs. Donkey Kong, enemy versions of the bins are respectively known as Dust Man and Bucketman, despite being nearly identical. The name change may have been to avoid unintentional association with Dust Man, a robot from the Mega Man series.
- ^ Game Boy Donkey Kong PAL Virtual Console digital manual.
- ^ Mario vs. Donkey Kong instruction booklet, page 25.
- ^ Game Boy Donkey Kong instruction booklet, page 16.
- ^ Dust Man's entry at the Japanese Super Mario Daijiten (Big Dictionary)
- ^ Bucketman's entry at the Japanese Super Mario Daijiten (Big Dictionary)