Official logo of the Year of Luigi
The Year of Luigi is a special event held in 2013 in commemoration of the 30th anniversary of Luigi's debut in Mario Bros. As such, it features a series of games, collectibles, and downloadable content with Luigi as the main focus.
 Console special editions
The Luigi-themed Nintendo 3DS XL
The North American Special Edition Nintendo 3DS XL
- A Luigi-themed Nintendo 3DS XL with the digital version of Mario & Luigi: Dream Team pre-installed on the 4GB SD card. (Available for retail in Japan and North America, and exclusively via Nintendo's official online store in the United Kingdom.)
The Year of Luigi Sound Selection
The promotional Luigi pin
- Japan Club Nintendo members can get a copy of The Year of Luigi Sound Selection. It contains 30 songs from Luigi's Mansion to Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. It costs 400 points, but members who have purchased and registered any Year of Luigi games can get the CD for only 200 points.
- Exclusive merchandise is available in Japan.
- US and Canada Club Nintendo members who purchased New Super Luigi U from the Nintendo eShop by August 1, 2013 and completed the surveys within four weeks after downloading had a chance to win 1 of 980 Luigi pins.
- A Year of Luigi coin will be available with a small green bag for 1500 stars in the European Club Nintendo website. 
 Special elements to applications
- Five drawing competencies in Miiverse about five topics related to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, the drawings were chosen by MariChan, who is in charge of the Luigi communities.
- A New Super Luigi U scrapbook, with screenshots of Miiverse, the screenshots are chosen by MariChan.
- Four Miiverse communities open only during the event:
- A general type community for The Year of Luigi.
- A Developer's Room dedicated to The Year of Luigi.
- One for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.
- One for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team.
- Six people from Nintendo are wearing dark green clothes and Luigi's Cap on their Miis in StreetPass Mii Plaza during this year.
- A new Year of Luigi stationary has been released for Swapnote.
- Two people from Nintendo have sent notes on Swapnote about the Year of Luigi.
- The Wii U Summer Tour, which brought Wii U and Nintendo 3DS booths to major US cities for a limited time, featuring Year of Luigi games.
- Several levels in Super Mario 3D World include hidden 8-bit Luigis, similar to New Super Luigi U, which features Luigis in every level.
- For this subject's image gallery, see Gallery:Year of Luigi.
| The Year of Luigi - Promotional recording of Luigi, released by Nintendo of America.||1:47|
- Having trouble playing?
- The logo is similar to that of the logo used during the Super Mario Bros. 25th anniversary.
 External links
- ^ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/pack/aymj/index.html
- ^ http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Y7YJaDR7E02V1E7LRgy1E574BZwchQ7t
- ^ http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/11/go_green_with_the_luigi_special_edition_3ds_xl_available_in_the_uk_today
- ^ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/luigi/sound/
- ^ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/luigi/goods/
- ^ http://club2.nintendo.com/new-super-luigi-u-promo/
- ^ http://mynintendonews.com/2013/10/18/special-year-of-luigi-coin-on-european-club-nintendo/
- ^ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/luigi/gallery/first.html#Navi
- ^ http://www.nintendo.co.jp/luigi/album/album1.html