Talk:Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
 Game Logo?
OK, I'm not quite sure if this is real or not, but it greatly follows the design of the former games' logos.  This was taken from a brasilian source (with a miserable posible box cover showing only this picture) but all was shortly removed. ¢oincoll€ctor PD: I'm getting sick of all those new long games for Mario-related games. They don't have any talent to make a nice name for their games ×_×
riding!? riding what!? horses? in the Mario-verse? seriously though, has this been confirmed to be horse riding? Lu-igi board
- @ Marioguy, That was just an opinion from me, actually ^^
- @ Lindsay: That's fake, the box says is unlikely to be official box cover.
- @ Luigi-board: Think like Nintendo, man. Riding objects or creatures other than real-world horses, for example riding yoshis or some other thing from the sonic series. What it really makes me wonder is that will include soccer - err... a "lite" less chaotic version of Mario Strikers?
- @ Coinclooector: very true I suppose ur right about that. I'm curious now... Lu-igi board
Oh, otro juego?? yo crei que tan solo era un broma, hmm creo que ya aburrio tanto juego de deportes, especialmente por que no han puesto ni a Birdo o a Toadette en ellos, creo que van como 3 años sin saber de ellas. =( Birdobeauties
I found a website that lists more info on the game, such as there will be dream events and they will be in different Mario and Sonic locations, just like the Olympic Winter Games. Here is the link
The Awesome Yoshi Fan Tails777
- It's not confirmed, we cannot add any more characters than Mario and Sonic to the article. ( | )
I've looked at the official site of the game and found this:
I've looked at the peg.info, and there's no such rating. It's possibly for the site only. SWFlash
No, that's the most recent 3 Logo of Pegi, which has been used on recent games since 2010 or so.
@SWFlash: You've just shown what I've meant: pics of the new Pegi icon. Why?Figure out why did I give the link to the SEARCH page.
- Ohhhh, did you mean THAT. I thought you meant the pegi Icon. *Facepalm because of own stupidity*
 That artwork…(more speculation ahead)
- So do I. DK Fan
It has not been comformed but Waluigi is on the cover artwork box of the game. User:Jjrapper100
- The reference leads to the UK site, whitch means it's Soccer for Americans and Football for others. SWFlash
 Latest Nintendo Power displays new character artwork
- I'd like to point out that the newest Nintendo Power issue (it's going to be the issue that involves Sonic Generations) talks about this game, and there are some new character artworks included in it. The artworks that I saw include Peach, who is wearing a gymnastics outfit, along with Amy, who also is wearing a gymnastics outfit. Sorry, but I don't have pictures of those artworks, but you'll get what I'm saying if you look at the newset Nintendo Power issue. M&SG (talk) 14:21, 31 May 2011 (EDT)
- Yup. That's one of the two artworks that I've mentioned. The other one is for Peach. M&SG (talk) 14:58, 3 June 2011 (EDT)
- Now that artwork, I didn't remember it, but thanks for bringing it up. M&SG (talk) 18:54, 3 June 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks for covering all of this. Though you should probably try to get the Peach and Tails artworks by themselves. That is, if you have a camera. M&SG (talk) 07:44, 4 June 2011 (EDT)
 Dream Rowing
- That's not a source that confirms anything all edits on unreleased games must be confirmed by an official source anything else is speculation and if you have a source than cite it also don't insult the admins thats flaming Goomba's Shoe15 (Talk)
Well, it looks like Wave Ocean. Ask Mario jc. He agrees with me. and he will say that it is. --Plumber690 13:25, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
- So what you must have an official source and with out one it becomes speculation Goomba's Shoe15 (Talk)
Where do you find a source. Mario jc will tell you that it is Wave Ocean. I asked him on his talk page. --Plumber690 13:32, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Sorry. it's just that you always help me on here since I first logged in. --Plumber690 14:40, June 6, 2011 (UTC) PS, I must be around and not blocked on the day June 25th to say goodbye while I'm in the Northern hemisphere.
Im the one who removed it at first. That is not rowing it is discus at windy valley --New Super Yoshi 10:58, 6 June 2011 (EDT)
Did I just goof up with my article edits regarding this? If so, I apologize. When this issue gets resolved, you can undo my errors.
Sometimes those fake artworks can be quite deceptive. M&SG (talk) 08:05, 13 June 2011 (EDT)
I could see directly that it was fake (too curvy arm without any elbow, shading and lighting doesn't fit with other arts, parts not smoothly connected, why is Birdo wearing a suit?)
During the development of the last Olympic games, there was also a fake Birdo picture of her in a winter outfit. Not to mention that Sega said that 20 characters would be in this game, the same number of roster from the Winter Games and we've already seen them from the screenshots and trailer. Luigifan95 22:27, 14 June 2011 (EDT)
Where? Luigifan95 22:33, 14 June 2011 (EDT)
I just' ve created an account, she told me she has a friend who apparently works for Sega Co. and I say (OMG! =0) then she told me her friend has stolen some artworks like this one:  and she say her friend has the art of Rogue the bat but sadly he have not been online, Oh! and she gave me a link to the Birdo's art in high definition. I'll upload it. ^_^ Birdobeauties
How is Flickr a reliable source for this? Anyone could upload anything. Why isn't this picture on major gaming sites like IGN or GameSpot? I'm calling it dubious. Luigifan95 12:00, 16 June 2011 (EDT)
- none of both pages you said, have artworks of this game :P
 New Dream event locations
Wait, when were they confirmed? Where is the source? MarioComix 21:10, 17 August 2011 (EDT)
I have a gamesmaster Sonic special which has info from the game and the conrols for some of the events. Can we make a Controls section?--Yoshidude99 14:34, 20 August 2011 (EDT)
- Sure, you can do it. SWFlash
 Character Statistics Section
No offense, but does anyone have any idea of when we can activate the respective Mario & Sonic statistic templates on the article, especially when the Wii game gets released and the 3DS statistics get revealed? Once again, nothing personal, but those site image snapshots are making that part of the article look very ugly. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 16:22, 10 October 2011 (EDT)
No one appreciates nothing on this wiki, do it when its released(both versions) Donaldthescotishtwin
Couldn't we say events in the character description pictures are confirmed? I see rings in the doctor eggman discription. What do you think about it? User:Zwartwitje
 All Dream events + Synchro Battle Galaxy
This Video shows all the Dream events: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN7K4MwQBa8
It also confirms that Dream Space wolk takes place on a place called "Synchro Battle Galaxy" instead of "Sky Station Galaxy". PLEASE NOTICE AND REPLY (And change the article. Magikoopas will also appear). User:MarioMaster720
 Orbot and Cubot ARE IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you remove Orbot and Cubot form the character list? This video proves that they appear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L2oB1ABTHU
They appear when stickers get copied. 14:13 is an example. and This video shows A LOT of new stuff to add. I'm surprised that this wiki is so lazy. EDIT THE PAGE PEOPLE ;) User:MarioMaster720
She's a rival in London party mode yes, specifically in the 100m Freestyle event. Source: I own this game, and have played against her. Kat-rin koopa 14:34, 18 November 2011 (EST)
She doesn't wear an outfit, no. She has her usual non-clothed look throughout. Although to be honest, I'd be a little freaked if she did wear an outfit... Kat-rin koopa 00:39, 20 November 2011 (EST)
 Suits and Stuff
Done. They can be found under the accompanying gallery page for the article. Kat-rin koopa 14:49, 21 November 2011 (EST)
Derp, someone added the unlock methods to the article, but in a faulty manner. If you're going to add a section that will speedily be deleted, at least do it completely. I've altered it so it looks good when it goes. Kat-rin koopa 15:41, 21 November 2011 (EST)
That's art to show off one of the 3DS events, since it has some exclusive events. Kat-rin koopa 00:00, 12 February 2012 (EST)
 New sports articles
Since we have articles on the sports from the previous two Olympic Games, should we have articles on the new events from this game? SeanWheeler 18:18, 21 January 2012 (EST)
 This article is a mess
The 3DS one is nothing like the Wii one, the only thing that is the same is the name. I can't find anything about the 3DS game in this cluttered mess of an article. Why don't we just create a separate article for the 3DS one?
- Because it would go against the standard set by keeping the last 2 merged with their handheld counter parts Raven Effect (Talk)
Well, maybe they could change those too? there's really insignificant data on the handheld games. the 2 Mario Power Tennises are split.
It does need more organizing, but I don't think the article needs to be split. However, I do have an issue -- we need to see about using that character statistics template that someone created months ago for this game article; seeing those screenshots from the official site showing those statistics really make this article's page look ugly. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 22:13, 2 March 2012 (EST)
 Article Protection
 Nintendo Network
The other day, I was walking through an electronics store when I found a Japanese copy of the 3DS game on display. The boxart had the Nintendo Network logo on it. Can somebody tell me what's going on? Is it updated or what? Akfamilyhome! 04:44, 20 March 2012 (EDT)
 Split Article in 2 !!!!
I have just purchased M&S for the 3DS and when comparing it to my friends Wii version, they have BARELY ANYTHING in common with each other (obviously the name, characters and a few events remain. I am willing to separate the two on a weekend, but I am in need of someone with power to give me a go ahead as I really don't want to get a warning for this. Please, I sincerely enforce it as this article is in a mess.
Ok, since no-one answered I couldn't help myself from doing something so I split the article into 3 pieces. It's better than nothing.
 Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games Virtual Card Album
The above is a game that currently lacks an article on this wiki. I am only aware of it being released in the United Kingdom, which would make sense, with it being about the London Summer Olympic Games. It was released there on July 5th. I may end up making this article myself, but as I mainly work on Mario Tennis: Power Tour articles, I cannot be relied upon to do so. So if anyone else wants to make this article, the premise is that the game works in similar fashion to Pokédex 3D, where the player receives virtual cards depicting characters and situations from MASATL2012OG through SpotPass and StreetPass. Distribution of the cards will discontinue on the same day as the end of the Paralympic Games. The software was a free downlod on the Nintendo eShop. Toast ltimatum 19:53, 14 August 2012 (EDT)
- I really don't think an article of it is necessary per se (because I consider this mainly a "promotion" of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games; however, I do think that once we get all information about what this is all about, it should be added to the main game article itself (under a "Promotion & Advertising" section) in my opinion. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 21:26, 14 August 2012 (EDT)