Shy Guy Says is a 4-player minigame in Mario Party and Mario Party 2. Mario Party 8 has a minigame similar to this called Flagging Rights.
Players have to raise the same color flag as the Shy Guy. If one of the players raises the wrong color flag or doesn't raise any flag, the Shy Guy kicks the player out of the minigame. Sometimes, the Shy Guy will try to trick one of the players by raising two color flags at once, last player standing wins.
In Mario Party 2, a bypassing Lakitu serves as timestamp for the game - if the player does not trigger his or her flag-raising button before Lakitu has gone offscreen, the Shy Guy will pop his or her balloon.
- (hold) – Raise white flag
- (hold) – Raise red flag
 In-game text
 Mario Party
- Game Rules – "Raise the same color flag as the Shy Guy. is white, is red."
- Advice – "The Shy Guy will try to trick you by raising two flags at once, so be careful."
 Mario Party 2
- Game Rules – "The Shy Guy will raise a flag, so just raise the same color flag. It's simple, right? The game continues until only one remains."
- Advice – "The sly Shy Guy will try to fake you out. Don't let him fool you. If you let him down, he'll shoot you down."
 Names in Other Languages
|Raising Flags Shy Guy
||Maskass a dit
||Shy Guy says
||Tipo Timido Dice