From the Super Mario Wiki
“The bird, it warbles, TWEET!
The bug, it cries, CHEEP!
The frog, RRRRRRIBBIT!
The dog, GRRRRRROWF!
Goats and cars, BLEEEET!”
—Piccolo, Super Paper Mario
Piccolo is an optional Pixl in the game Super Paper Mario. It takes some time to run a series of errands to earn Piccolo. Piccolo plays music when the player presses on the Wii Remote, and is named after the instrument Piccolo, a small flute. She can play music that can cure Mario and the team from any curses placed upon them by Cursyas and she can put the Underchomp to sleep. In addition, Piccolo can make blocks with her emblem disappear, usually revealing treasure chests, such as the blocks in the third floor Flipside and Flopside outskirts, which contain a Merlee and Nolrem Catch Card, respectively.
When Piccolo is equipped, different tunes will play depending on which character is out, and the tune she plays to heal them is different too. Mario and Luigi's healing songs are Italian, Peach has a cheery lullaby-like song, and Bowser has a metal song. Piccolo's music is also affected by the place the player plays the song in. Finally, Piccolo causes the player's jumping and Bowser's Fire Breath to make the original Super Mario Bros. sound effects.
Here are the errands to run to earn Piccolo:
- The player must go to Merlee and talk to her on her side of the counter.
- The player must go to Merluvlee and talk to her on her side of the counter.
- The player must go to Bestovius.
- The player must go to Old Man Watchitt.
- The player must go to Merlumina.
- The player must give the autograph to Watchitt.
- The player must give the You-Know-What to Bestovius.
- The player must give the Training Machine to Merluvlee.
- The player must give the Crystal Ball to Merlee. In exchange for the Crystal Ball, she gives the player a Random House Key.
- The player must take the key to the first floor of Flopside and look for the locked door near the card shop.
- The player must use the key to open a door.
- The player must open the big chest inside to get Piccolo on their team.
Card Type: Rare
Card Description: This pitch-perfect Pixl plays the most melodious tunes. She lived in Flopside before joining your ragtag group.
- Having trouble playing?
Names in Other Languages
|Derived from Pikyorōn, the Japanese name of Attack FX Badges from Paper Mario series.
||The Spanish name for the musical sign ♪.
||EFG (music notes).
||CDE (music notes).
|Combination of eumpyo (음표), meaning "note", and long.