Pasta is a type of Italian food found on both Earth and Mushroom World. It is a highly favored food of both Luigi's and especially Mario's. Usually consisting of noodles and sauce, there is a wide variety of pasta that can either be found or mentioned in both the Mario games and the television series.
 The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
Throughout the course of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!, is seen and spoken of quite frequently, particularly during the animated episodes. One of Mario's main motivations is to consume pasta, and he will go to nearly any length to get it. Mario even has a fondness for just the components of pasta, such as sauce, cheese and garlic. Many of King Koopa's insults for Mario and Luigi happen to be pasta-related, if they don't already have to do with plumbing.
Two places visited on the show are named for pasta. The first of which, the Linguine Empire, is a Roman-themed kingdom where pasta is considered a delicacy. The second is Pasta Land, where pasta is naturally grown and harvested.
The following types of pasta were, at one point or another, shown or otherwise spoken of, during the series.
- Cannelloni – large tubes of pasta filled with cheese or meat and covered in tomato sauce.
- Fettucine – long, flat noodles, often served with a cream sauce.
- Lasagna – tomato sauce, cheese and meat, sandwiched between uncut layers of flat noodles.
- Linguine – similar to fettucine, only with thinner noodles.
- Macaroni – small, u-shaped tubes of pasta, usually served in a cheesy sauce.
- Mostaccioli – small, cylindrical, rigged noodles.
- Ravioli – noodles similar to dumpings, filled with either meat, cheese or spinach.
- Rigatoni – medium-sized tubes of pasta, usually served in tomato sauce.
- Spaghetti – long noodles, usually served with some combination of red sauce and meat.
- Tortellini – small, ring-shaped noodles, often filled with either meat, cheese or spinach.
- Vermicelli – noodles similar to spaghetti, only thinner.
- Minestrone – actually a type of soup, but often contains small noodles.
 The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
In the episode 'Never Koop a Koopa', Mario, Luigi, Princess Toadstool and Toad were seen eating pasta and in 'Oh, Brother!', Kooky von Koopa was seen testing Mario to see if he was brainwashed with a bowl of pasta.
 Paper Mario series
Throughout the Paper Mario series, a number of pasta dishes can be acquired by Mario in his travels, most of which are recipes that have to be prepared by either Tayce T., Zess T., Saffron or Dyllis, depending on the game. Basic pasta dishes are of little use on their own, and it is best to cook them in order to create superior dishes.
 Minor References
- The Nintendo Comics System story "Love Flounders" mentioned Bowling for Pasta, a pasta-themed sport that Mario, Luigi, and Toad regularly participate in.
- Super Mario Kraft Macaroni & Cheese was an actual Super Mario World tie-in product that was available during the early 1990's.
- Mario is Missing! – when Luigi visits Rome, not knowing where he is, a tourist gives him a hint by saying "I like pizza, I like pasta."
- Super Mario 64 – if the player leaves Mario alone long enough, he'll fall asleep and start dreaming about both ravioli and spaghetti.
- Super Mario 64 – one of Wiggler's insults towards Mario, calling him linguine breath.
- Super Mario 64 – Hoot the Owl claims Mario should "lay off the pasta" when the plumber hangs on him for long time.
- Super Mario 64 DS – Koopa the Quick tells Mario he's gained some weight and blames it on "too much pasta and lounging".
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong – when Mario gets a Game Over, leave him alone for a while and he'll start talking about pasta in his sleep.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis – similar to its prequel, during the Game Over, this time the Mini Marios talk about pasta in their sleep, and Mario is also heard snoring too.
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time – the Star Gate that lives atop Star Hill is quite fond of pasta.
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – In Part 2 of a YouTube mini series made by Nintendo titled "Where Will Luigi Sleep Next?" based on said game, Mario is seen making pasta.