From the Super Mario Wiki
| Mystery Land
| Appeared in
|| Mario Party 2
|| Adventure, Mystery
Mystery Land is a board set in some ancient ruins in Mario Land in Mario Party 2. It is divided into four areas, to which people warp to each time they land on a Happening Space. They can also pay 10 coins to have a Bob-omb UFO take them to another area. there is also a small useless island that contains King Bob Omb and Red Spaces Other interesting features on this board include the Shy Guy's Curse House, where a player can pay 5 coins to curse himself or herself or another player to reduce the number on their dice block to 1-3, rather like the Poison Mushrooms from later Mario Party games. The Item Minigame is Mallet-Go-Round, and the Duel minigame is Psychic Safari.
At the end of the game, a red Koopa Troopa comes and alerts the players that the treasure has been found. A cutscene then shows a green Koopa with a golden Bob-omb statue. Then the villain of the board, the Bowser Sphinx, comes to challenge the Koopa to guess a figure shrouded in shadow. The Koopa guesses incorrectly, saying that it's a cow, and Bowser says that's wrong. He puts the Koopa into a rock. Then, the winner of the game comes to confront him. The winner guesses Bowser's shadow riddle correctly, saying that the figure is him. The Bowser Sphinx disappears, a consequence of having his riddle guessed, and the statue breaks to reveal a Bob-omb Buddy that was trapped inside. The other Bob-omb Buddies come to take their rescued comrade away on their spaceship. The winner of the board is then congratulated by the other players, Toad, Koopa, and a Power Star.
The Starting Area is the first area. This area contains a Shy Guy's Curse House and a Bob-omb UFO area. This area contains the Mystery Land sign and the starting area.
2nd area this is a sandy area with the Item Shop.
3rd area has a UFO and Boo
4th area there is a Chance Time space and Shy Guy Curse House
5th island is a small useless island with a broken King Bob Omb and Lots of Red Spaces
- Blue Spaces: 37
- Red Spaces: 9
- Happening Spaces: 18
- Item Spaces: 6
- Battle Spaces: 3
- Bowser Spaces: 4
- Chance Time Spaces: 2
Mario, about to be abducted.
DK in the board's first area.
Yoshi near this board's Boo.
Names in Other Languages
- Many Mario related things can be seen in this map, for example:
- Princess Peach's Castle can be seen in the middle of the forest.
- A half-buried petrified version of King Bob-omb can be seen in a sinkhole.
- Dorrie can be seen in the lake. This is an obvious reference to the Loch Ness Monster.
- A Blooper drawing can be seen in the sand similar to the Nazca Lines.
- A Whomp with no arms and legs is on the structure that resembles Stonehenge.
- A Goomba can be seen in the tail of the crashed airplane.
- Easter Island statues can be seen.
- On an interesting note, Wario's outfit for this board somewhat resembles his normal form from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. This is because the player wears an archaeologist attire complete with a sun helmet, whereas Wario is seen wearing such a helmet in said game.