From the Super Mario Wiki
| Mystery Land
| Appeared in
|| Mario Party 2
|| Adventure, Mystery
Mystery Land is a board set in some ancient ruins in Mario Land in Mario Party 2. It is divided into four areas, to which people warp to each time they land on a Happening Space. They can also pay 10 coins to have a Bob-omb UFO take them to another area. there is also a small useless island that contains King Bob Omb and Red Spaces Other interesting features on this board include the Shy Guy's Curse House, where a player can pay 5 coins to curse himself or herself or another player to reduce the number on their dice block to 1-3, rather like the Poison Mushrooms from later Mario Party games. The Item Minigame is Mallet-Go-Round, and the Duel minigame is Psychic Safari.
At the end of the game, a red Koopa Troopa comes and alerts the players that the treasure has been found. A cutscene then shows a green Koopa with a golden Bob-omb statue. Then the villain of the board, the Bowser Sphinx, comes to challenge the Koopa to guess a figure shrouded in shadow. The Koopa guesses incorrectly, saying that it's a cow, and Bowser says that's wrong. He puts the Koopa into a rock. Then, the winner of the game comes to confront him. The winner guesses Bowser's shadow riddle correctly, saying that the figure is him. The Bowser Sphinx disappears, a consequence of having his riddle guessed, and the statue breaks to reveal a Bob-omb Buddy that was trapped inside. The other Bob-omb Buddies come to take their rescued comrade away on their spaceship. The winner of the board is then congratulated by the other players, Toad, Koopa, and a Power Star.
This article is under construction. Therefore, please excuse its informal appearance while it's being worked on. We hope to have it completed as soon as possible.
The Starting Area is the first area. This area contains a Shy Guy's Curse House and a Bob-omb UFO area. This area contains the Mystery Land sign and the starting area.
2nd area this is a sandy area with the Item Shop.
3rd area has a UFO and Boo
4th area there is a Chance Time space and Shy Guy Curse House
5th island is a small useless island with a broken King Bob Omb and Lots of Red Spaces
- Blue Spaces: 37
- Red Spaces: 9
- Happening Spaces: 18
- Item Spaces: 6
- Battle Spaces: 3
- Bowser Spaces: 4
- Chance Time Spaces: 2
Mario, about to be abducted.
DK in the board's first area.
Yoshi near this board's Boo.
Names in Other Languages
- Many Mario related things can be seen in this map, for example:
- Princess Peach's Castle can be seen in the middle of the forest.
- A half-buried petrified version of King Bob-omb can be seen in a sinkhole.
- Dorrie can be seen in the lake. This is an obvious reference to the Loch Ness Monster.
- A Blooper drawing can be seen in the sand similar to the Nazca Lines.
- A Whomp with no arms and legs is on the structure that resembles Stonehenge.
- A Goomba can be seen in the tail of the crashed airplane.
- Easter Island statues can be seen.
- On an interesting note, Wario's outfit for this board somewhat resembles his normal form from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3. This is because the player wears an archaeologist attire complete with a sun helmet, whereas Wario is seen wearing such a helmet in said game.