Mario Golf is a game for the Game Boy Color that provides the capability to interact with its Nintendo 64 counterpart. It was released four months after the Nintendo 64 version.
Though this game has the exact same name as its 64-bit predecessor, it has many variations. Camelot made a normal mode of golfing, similar to that of the Nintendo 64 version, in which the player chooses one of four characters to conquer the challenges of the golf world. However, the developer also included a new, more-involved mode of gameplay.
This new mode of gameplay had traits similar to that of a Role Playing Game. The player was granted the ability to control his or her character more freely. This game mode allowed much character interaction and environmental exploration, making this game have a slightly more detailed story than those in the rest of the series. The player could also Level Up, allowing characters to be more successful at golfing.
 New Features
Mario Golf for the Game Boy Color has the ability to link with Mario Golf for the Nintendo 64. With the use of the Transfer Pak, the player can transfer data from one version of Mario Golf to the other. By doing so, the player can play as characters specifically in the Nintendo 64 installment on his or her Game Boy Color installment of Mario Golf.
The game also features a multi-player mode, allowing separate players to interact in one game. It also features a special free-play mode for players interested in the golfing portion of the game; this gaming mode has no effect on the main quest.
 Default Characters
 Unlockable Characters
 Non-Playable Characters
A screenshot of Mario Golf
 Field Courses
 Other Locations
- For this subject's image gallery, see Gallery:Mario Golf (Game Boy Color).
- Main article: List of Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) staff
- In the game, three 1-Up Mushrooms can be found scattered around the map which reward the player with a level up.
- The first can be found in the second room of the Directors Office in the Marion Club. It is in one of the two cabinets beside the Grandfather Clock.
- The second can be found in the Club Maker's Hut in one of the two cabinets.
- The third and final can be found in Peach's Castle's Courtyard in one of the bushes on the left side.
- Similarly, the four main characters of the game can be found hidden in various areas (note: players can't find the character the player uses.)
- Azalea can be found in the rightmost wall of The Palm Club Practice Putting Green.
- Joe can be found in the leftmost wall of the Raven Woods Golf Course.
- Kid can be found in the tree closest to the entrance to the Links Club Practice Putting Green.
- Sherry can be found in the uppermost wall of Tiny-Tots Golf Grounds.
- On the title screen, the Mario Golf logo can be shook by pressing any direction on D-pad.
- By holding select while choosing a character the player can play left-handed. This does not include the four main characters (Azalea, Joe, Kid, and Sherry.)
- ^ Date info of Mario Golf (Game Boy Color) from TMK, retrieved 11/25/2012