Mario's Early Years! Fun with Numbers was an educational Mario game that taught about numbers. It was released for the SNES in September 1994 (the other two games in the Mario's Early Years! series, Fun with Letters and Preschool Fun, were released in October and November of that year respectively). The player may need a SNES Mouse, though this is optional.
The game takes place on a set of islands to which Mario, Yoshi and Princess Peach sail. The player can click one of the islands to enter, after which the player sees Luigi asleep. Once the player clicks him, various activities must be performed to learn.
- Number World - The player attempts to find the numbers and click them to advance to the next level. This island is a series of city-related locations.
- Counting World: The player attempts to click objects in Mario's Bedroom and Mario's Kitchen to learn to count. The player can leave by clicking the Warp Pipe.
- Comparing World: The player attempts to find an object (i.e "find the medium-size swing" or "find some water") to learn about things to compare; this island features a park.
- How Many World: The player attempts to click the item with a number to increase their ability to count i.e. "Find the 8 peanuts in the bag", or "Find the four whiskers". This island features a zoo.
- Shape World: The player must click on a given shape when directed to do so.
- Same and Different World: Given a set of items, the player must select the one that is least related to the others. This game occurs at midnight
- Sorting World: The player attempts to pick the item that is similar to something (i.e "Pick a triangle").
- Main article: List of Mario's Early Years! Fun with Numbers staff